[net.unix] 4.3BSD

jdi@ucbvax.ARPA (John D. Irwin) (06/15/85)

Well, if noone has said so yet -- 4.3 has been installed on nearly all
the UCB machines, and is supposedly frozen.

John Irwin
(jdi@ucbvax)

hutch@sdcsvax.UUCP (Jim Hutchison) (06/16/85)

In article <8177@ucbvax.ARPA> jdi@ucbvax.UUCP (John D. Irwin) writes:
>Well, if noone has said so yet -- 4.3 has been installed on nearly all
>the UCB machines, and is supposedly frozen.
>
>John Irwin
>(jdi@ucbvax)

At Usenix the word slushy was used, so I guess that what was meant was that
"If it's a real beauty, it goes in."

--
/*
    "When you are dying, a wombat is better than no company at all."

	Jim Hutchison	UUCP:	{dcdwest,ucbvax}!sdcsvax!hutch
			ARPA:	hutch@sdcsvax

    < Ofcourse these statements are only mine, not my employers. >
*/

schoff@rpics.UUCP (Marty Schoffstall) (06/23/85)

> In article <8177@ucbvax.ARPA> jdi@ucbvax.UUCP (John D. Irwin) writes:
> >Well, if noone has said so yet -- 4.3 has been installed on nearly all
> >the UCB machines, and is supposedly frozen.
> >
> >John Irwin
> >(jdi@ucbvax)

I had head a rumor that an XNS implementation from the University of
Maryland was going to be included in 4.3.  Would anyone care to comment?

--
Martin Lee Schoffstall
"Marty"