[net.unix] Request for USENET info and feed

swall@AMES-NAS.ARPA (Steve Wall) (09/09/85)

I will be working for a small company in Marin County, California in the
near future and would like to stay connected to the USENET if possible.
I will be trying to convince my new boss that it is useful to be
connected, but I need some information before I go to him. The questions
follow:

1) Is there a version of netnews or vnews (preferred!) that runs on a
   Data General MV4000 running the DG port of Sys V? I assume that
   there is already a Sys V version of {v,net}news out there. How do
   I get a copy? Does anyone happen to be running {v,net}news on
   a DG Sys V machine?

2) In general, how much disk space is required? We probably wouldn't keep
   articles for too long since there are < 20 people in the company.

3) In general, how much does it cost to transfer articles via UUCP?

4) Is there anyone in Marin County that would route articles (and UUCP
   mail in general) to us? We could use a company/institution outside
   our toll area (East Bay Area, San Francisco), but would like to avoid
   that if possible.

Thank you for any information and/or answers to the above questions.

Steve Wall
swall@ames-nas.ARPA

avolio@decuac.UUCP (Frederick M. Avolio) (09/10/85)

In article <1391@brl-tgr.ARPA>, swall@AMES-NAS.ARPA (Steve Wall) writes:
> I will be working for a small company in Marin County, California in the
> near future and would like to stay connected to the USENET if possible.

I suggest that no one answer him as he doesn't know the proper place to
post such a request...