[net.unix] unix/c training

salmi@dicomed.UUCP (john s salmi) (09/25/85)

We are looking into sending some users for formal unix/c training.  Would anyone
care to suggest a specific training course/seminar that they feel was worth the
time and money?  The users range from completely c-illiterate (scared of unix
:-) to semi-proficient c programmers.  The cost/location is not an issue if the
course is worth the effort (sunny california sure would be nice, tho ... :-).

As always, thanks in advance!  Please reply via email to:

--

 john salmi    {ihnp4,mgnetp}!dicomed!salmi
 system administrator

	"... and if it doesn't work, there may be something wrong with it."

boston@celerity.UUCP (Boston Office) (10/02/85)

In article <617@dicomed.UUCP> salmi@dicomed.UUCP (john s salmi) writes:
>We are looking into sending some users for formal unix/c training.  Would anyone
>care to suggest a specific training course/seminar that they feel was worth the
>time and money?  The users range from completely c-illiterate (scared of unix
>:-) to semi-proficient c programmers.

...Your first major mistake.

You shouldn't even CONSIDER sending c-illiterates and semi-proficient
programmers to the same seminar!  Far from levelling their experiences,
what it will do is bore the more competent, confuse the less so (as
their more experienced associates ask over-the-top questions), and provide
a generally worthless training experience.