[net.music] this is a flame, is the case of a real emergency...

dnj@linus.UUCP (Dave Juitt) (01/20/86)

I've really tried not to flame this article.  I really did.
I actually put it off for a week before opening my mouth about it.
Then I was going to send this person mail, like all good flamers should
do, but then I started thinking about the general attitude in this newsgroup.

In article <152@rruxo.UUCP> vch@rruxo.UUCP (Kerro Panille) writes:
>Newsgroups: net.jokes,net.music
>
>Who the hell are the Cocteau Twins?????? I've been active in the radio station
>in two colleges during the last 4 years,both have had very progressive formats,
>and I must say that I have NEVER heard of the 'Cocteau Twins'!!! Where the hell
>are you from anyway??

***FLAME ON***
I've got one question for you vch@rruxo.  Who the hell are YOU!!!
Just because you or your obviously deficient college radio stations
haven't heard of someone, does that mean they don't exist?

I asked a lot of my friends, and no one has ever heard of you either,
so maybe you don't exist. To quote, "Where the hell are you from anyway??"
***FLAME OFF***

>Its no surprize nobody has ever heard of the Cocteau Twins.
Listen, Jack.  Get the point yet, you're the only nobody here.

>Their albums
>are probably printed by some fly-by-night record company. We always threw those
>lousey albums out. Terrible quality - never mind terrible musicians. (If they
>were any good, they would have a contract with a REAL record company, instead
>of paying for the pressing out of their pockets...)

Now here we have a case of someone arguing about something he
know absolutely NOTHING about.  He has already said that he
had never even heard of the band, and now he is telling me
that their albums are pressed on shitty vinyl.  Give me a break.

Ok, maybe the general public can't always find albums that
are put out on 4AD records, but you're the one who said you
were active in radio stations.  Cocteau Twins are on Relativity,
who are distributed by IMPORTant. Write to me, i'll tell you the phone number.

>Well, anyway, I'll be listening to real music...
>--
>Vince Hatem
>Bell Communications Research

Thanx, Vince.  If you hear anything good, be sure to let us know.
As Bugs would say, "Sheese, what a maroon".

I want to apologize for dissecting this ala Mr. Kate Bush, but
with a tip of the hat to Doug Alan, sometimes it has to be done.

This article is already too long, so I'm not going to ramble
on about the general apathetic attitude toward learning new
music that is so pervasive in this newsgroup.  I realize all people
don't like the same kind of stuff, hell I don't even have any KB records.
I will admit, I love Cocteau Twins. [Nooooo, really :-)]
Dave Juitt
     					C'mon, that guy's a rutabaga...
UUCP: ..linus!security!dnj                  When he was little, his parents
ARPA:  dnj@mitre-bedford                    used to dress him up as a speedbump.