[net.unix] net.sources

DBrown.TSDC%hi-multics@sri-unix.UUCP (11/18/83)

This message is empty.

dpk@Brl-Tgr.ARPA (05/04/84)

From:      Doug Kingston <dpk@Brl-Tgr.ARPA>

	The USENET newsgroup net.sources is rebroadcast
by BRL as a service to the ARPA community.  This newsgroup
contains postings of sources to both UNIX and non-UNIX
programs that are in the public domain.  Submissions from
USENET are automatically rebroadcast to list Unix-Sources
at BRL-TGR.  Submissions from the Internet should be sent
to Unix-Sources-Request if you think they are worthy of
submission to over a 1000 sites.  I will manually arrange
for them to be submitted.  Requests to be added to the
Internet mailing of Unix-Sources should be sent to:

	Unix-Sources-Request @ BRL-TGR

				Cheers,
					-Doug-

PS.  Please only one subscriber per site, do local
redistribution if there is more interest.

Wax.OsbuSouth@Xerox.ARPA (10/21/85)

"From: gwyn@brl-tgr.ARPA (Doug Gwyn <gwyn>)
Subject: "apply" utility source posted
Date: 20 Oct 85 09:37:37 GMT
To:       info-unix@brl-tgr.arpa

I thought the 8th Edition UNIX "apply" utility was so nice
that I coded up a public-domain implementation of it and
posted it to net.sources.  The manual page explains all."

Is there a way that I can FTP stuff from net.sources.  I do not even
know where it is.  An example of the kind of things I can do is:

	>ftp isib
	name: blah-blah
	password: blah-blah
	cd <info-ibmpc>
	get foo.bar
	bye

Allan Wax
Wax.ES@Xerox.ARPA
Wax.OsbuSouth@Xerox.ARPA

gwyn@BRL.ARPA (VLD/VMB) (10/22/85)

net.sources is part of "netnews" which is broadcast around USENET,
which is an informal UUCP-connected set of sites around the world.
So far as I know, net.sources are not generally available via FTP
over the Internet, but it would be nice if some site would set
this up (not here!).  If you support UUCP access, you might
consider joining USENET; I don't know where one applies, though.
(Warning!  netnews traffic is voluminous and mostly worthless.)