[net.unix] Porting application BSD -> SYSV

sms@uscvax.UUCP (Stephen M. Sutor) (11/22/85)

** Hi Hoe, High owe, its off to work we goethe **

Is there a comprehensive list of differences between BSD4.2 and SYSV.*?
I need documentation on porting application software from BSD down to SYSV.

	S. M. Sutor
--
  uucp:  ...!{{decvax,ucbvax}!sdcsvax,hplabs,allegra,trwrb}!sdcrdcf!uscvax!sms
  csnet: sms@usc-cse

john@sol1.UUCP (john) (11/26/85)

In article <235@uscvax.UUCP> sms@uscvax.UUCP (Stephen M. Sutor) writes:

>Is there a comprehensive list of differences between BSD4.2 and SYSV.*?
>I need documentation on porting application software from BSD down to SYSV.

Would also very much appreciate any leads to a list of differences
between 4.2 BSD & System III.

[ Take what I say in a different way ]
[        and it's easy to say        ]
[     that this is all confusion     ]

	John Korsmeyer  @  THE SOLUTION

	EMAIL:  {akgua,ihnp4}!sol1!john

jsq@im4u.UUCP (John Quarterman) (12/02/85)

There was a paper comparing 4.1BSD and System III in the San Diego
UNICOM Proceedings (winter 1983:  order from USENIX).  I've never
seen anything comparing 4.2BSD and System III.  Wouldn't 4.2BSD
and System V make more sense?  (See my previous posting.)
--
John Quarterman,   UUCP:  {ihnp4,seismo,harvard,gatech}!ut-sally!im4u!jsq
ARPA Internet and CSNET:  jsq@im4u.UTEXAS.EDU, formerly jsq@im4u.ARPA