[net.unix] Need info on Fujitsu 2361 and Emulex SC7002 under 4.2Bsd

andyf@brueer.UUCP (Andrew Findlay) (12/02/85)

*** feed the line eater - but not with my message ***

I am about to order a Fujitsu 2361 Eagle (the 580MB one with
2.4MB/s transfer rate). I am also ordering an Emulex SC7002 to
control it. This lot is to run on a VAX 750, which already has
an RA80 on a UDA-50.

Has anyone got experience of this combination under 4.2?
What needs doing to the driver? to disktab?

Any differences under 4.3?

Replies by mail, please...

Thanks,
        Andrew Findlay

UUCP:            ...ukc!reading!brueer!andyf
JANET:           andyf%brueer@uk.ac.reading
ARPANET, CSNET:  andyf%brueer@ucl-cs.arpa

In article <232@brueer.brueer.UUCP> andyf@brueer.UUCP (Andrew Findlay) writes:
>I am about to order a Fujitsu 2361 Eagle (the 580MB one with
>2.4MB/s transfer rate). I am also ordering an Emulex SC7002 to
>control it. This lot is to run on a VAX 750, which already has
>an RA80 on a UDA-50.

You will, of course, have to update disktab and add f2361_sizes[].
You will then find out that the hp.c driver causes UNIX to crash
miserably on any drive that's not already specified in hpst[].
You will go away feeling miserable, and then when you add an
appropriate entry to the end of the hpst[] array, it will start to
work.  You will then probably (as I did) leave it at that until
you have to add yet another odd drive.

I have done exactly this to a 4.2 driver, and then went and implemented
the more general solution in an Ultrix driver.  If you write, I will
ask permission to send you the 4.2, into which I may by then have
retro-fitted the "more general" solution.
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy@seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}