[net.unix] Does the Korn Shell work under BSD42?

don@gitpyr.UUCP (Don Deal) (02/06/86)

  Does KSH run under BSD42 as delivered, or does it require hacking?  I
noticed that in the toolchest's description that it "supports csh-like
job control on systems which support it", but nothing came right out and
said that KSH ran under BSD.

--
D.L. Deal, Office of Computing Services, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA, 30332-0275
Phone: (404) 894-6160 (office) 894-4669 (messages) / BITNET: cc100dd@gitvm1

wcs@ho95e.UUCP (x0705) (02/07/86)

In article <1341@gitpyr.UUCP> don@gitpyr.UUCP writes:
>  Does KSH run under BSD42 as delivered, or does it require hacking?  I
>noticed that in the toolchest's description that it "supports csh-like
>job control on systems which support it", but nothing came right out and
>said that KSH ran under BSD.

Yes, works just fine.  ^Z included.
--
# Bill Stewart, AT&T Bell Labs 2G-202, Holmdel NJ 1-201-949-0705 ihnp4!ho95c!wcs

yoda@ittatc.ATC.ITT.UUCP (Todd C. Williams [Jedi Knight]) (02/11/86)

> >  Does KSH run under BSD42 as delivered, or does it require hacking?

You mean KSH is *AVAILABLE* ???  I was told (by AT&T employees, etc., all
unofficially) that ksh is used internally *ONLY*, and is not available
to us common folk (read: non-AT&T).

So how do I get it, what licenses do I need, how much does it cost?

							-Todd
|  Todd C. Williams			|  "Summer blonds		       |
|  ITT Defense Communications		|   revealing tan lines,	       |
|  Nutley, NJ				|   I'll make more moves than	       |
|  {decvax, et al.}!ittatc!dcdvaxb!tcw	|   ALLIED VAN LINES!"		       |
|  I love to receive e-mail from anyone!|     --from: "I wanna be a lifeguard" |
|					|			by BLOTTO      |

ron@brl-smoke.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) (02/12/86)

> > >  Does KSH run under BSD42 as delivered, or does it require hacking?
>
> You mean KSH is *AVAILABLE* ???  I was told (by AT&T employees, etc., all
> unofficially) that ksh is used internally *ONLY*, and is not available
> to us common folk (read: non-AT&T).
>
> So how do I get it, what licenses do I need, how much does it cost?

It's available through the ATT software toolchest.

-Ron

rich@rexago1.UUCP (K. Richard Magill) (02/12/86)

In article <1719@ittatc.ATC.ITT.UUCP> Todd C. Williams writes:
>> >  Does KSH run under BSD42 as delivered, or does it require hacking?
>You mean KSH is *AVAILABLE* ???

The AT&T toolchest is a bulletin board style store that sells source for
a number of things that AT&T doesn't want to support.  This includes ksh.

cu 1-201-522-6900

It will tell you all you care to know.