[net.unix] DMZ32 Driver needed for 4.2

davem@sdcrdcf.UUCP (David Melman) (03/05/86)

I am attempting to configure a 4.2 kernal for a
DEC DMZ32 terminal multiplexer.

The DMZ32 manual states the that the DMZ32 is "similar" to three
DMF32's.  I've attempted configuring it as such without success.

Does anybody have a DMZ32 driver, or used DMF32 driver for it?

Thanks in advance.
David Melman
213-820-4111 Ext:5367

In article <2661@sdcrdcf.UUCP> davem@sdcrdcf.UUCP (David Melman) writes:

>The DMZ32 manual states the that the DMZ32 is "similar" to three
>DMF32's.  I've attempted configuring it as such without success.

The DMF32 driver will not run the DMZ32.  Indeed, it will not
even run one of the three octets on the DMZ.  They are quite
similar; but they are not at all compatible.  The similarity
is only in the programming.

4.3BSD will come with a DMZ32 driver.
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 454 1415)
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris