[net.unix] Unix on the Macintosh...

alexis@ccnysci.UUCP (03/05/86)

I  just posted a survey on future Macintosh architectures to net.micro.mac.  It
includes a section on desired OS's, so if you'd like to see unix  on  the  Mac,
complete with  graphics  shell  and  toolbox libraries, answer the survey.  All
results will be sent to Apple. Of course any other needs  should  be  discussed
also.

Please take the time to read the survey. It can't hurt, and it might help alot!

Thanks,
Alexis
...ihnp4!physics!ccnysci!alexis

john@ektools.UUCP (03/09/86)

In article <238@ccnysci.UUCP> alexis@ccnysci.UUCP writes:
>... if you'd like to see unix  on  the  Mac,
>complete with  graphics  shell  and  toolbox libraries, answer the survey.  All
>results will be sent to Apple.

Santa Cruz Operation (SCO) was selling UNIX for the Lisa (aka Mac XL)
two years ago.  If you want UNIX for a Mac, you just might be able to
get it from them.

Note, I am not a Mac owner.  I'm just a guy who played with the Lisa
UNIX at the SCO booth at UniForum 1985.

John Hall
Supervisor, Software Tools Laboratory
Product Software Engineering

USPS:   EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY, 901 Elmgrove Rd., Rochester, NY 14650
VOICE:  716 726-9345
UUCP:   {allegra, seismo}!rochester!kodak!ektools!john
ARPA:   kodak!ektools!john@rochester.ARPA