[net.unix] SYS V vs 4.2/4.3 BSD Benchmarks

bobshaw@cg-d.UUCP (bobshaw) (03/14/86)

[]

If there is anyone who can provide me with some reliable benchmarks or
even just some results of benchmarks comparing 4.2/4.3 BSD with AT&T
System V, it would be Greatly Appreciated. Any comments concerning the
above analysis would also be welcome.

Please mail all responses to:

					Steve Robertshaw

					decvax!cg-d!bobshaw

Thanks much in advance.

In article <104@cg-d.UUCP> bobshaw@cg-d.UUCP writes:
>If there is anyone who can provide me with some reliable benchmarks or
>even just some results of benchmarks comparing 4.2/4.3 BSD with AT&T
>System V, it would be Greatly Appreciated.

Sure.  What kind of results would you like?  [ 1/2 :-) ]

Seriously, there are many benchmarks you might use, but the only
truly reliable one will be running your own application(s).
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 454 1415)
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris