[net.unix] wanted: usenet access

ahna422@ut-ngp.UUCP (Carlos Perez) (05/12/86)

I have a question.  Does anyone know of any "public" (ie commercial)
machines with usenet access?   I heard of one such machine, called
"sol1 where you pay $25 a month plus a nominal hourly fee for usage
of the line.  However, the dialup demo seems to be disconnected.  I
would appreciate any information on public usenet access, particularly
the Houston area.

mentat@ut-ngp.UUCP (Carlos Perez) (05/14/86)

In article <3363@ut-ngp.UUCP>, ahna422@ut-ngp.UUCP (Carlos Perez) writes:

> I have a question.  Does anyone know of any "public" (ie commercial)
> machines with usenet access?   I heard of one such machine, called
> "sol1 where you pay $25 a month plus a nominal hourly fee for usage
> of the line.  However, the dialup demo seems to be disconnected.  I
> would appreciate any information on public usenet access, particularly
> the Houston area.

Due to various alterations with Mr. Perez's userid, please respond to
me or to Mr. Perez at jalapeno@walt (ARPA).  Mail to ahna422 may not
work.