[net.unix] UNIX Review is alive and well

Robert_Toxen%anvil.UUCP@harvard.harvard.edu (05/14/86)

> Date: Mon, 12 May 86 13:47:23 PDT
> From: Eric Hesse <anvil!harvard!wilbur.arpa!erich>
> To: wilbur.arpa!herur, brl-sem.arpa!info-unix
> Subject: Re:  Unix-Review (Magazine)
>
> I suscribe to UNIX-Review but I don't remember having received the
> last two issues. Publication may have been discontinued; I will
> call the Publishers and find out what the scoop is.
>
> Date: Sat, 10 May 86 18:18:05 PDT
> From: Vinod Herur <anvil!harvard!wilbur.arpa!herur>
> To: brl-sem.arpa!info-unix
> Subject: Unix-Review (Magazine)
>
> Hi,
> 	I have been looking for the magazine Unix Review for the
> last couple of days in some local bookstores.  None of them had
> the magazine and one even went so far as to say that it is no
> longer being published.  Can anyone enlighten me on this?
>
> Vinod Herur   (herur@ames-nas)

I talked with Mark Compton, Editor for UNIX Review, today. He assured me that
UNIX Review is alive and well and, in fact, is growing. Publication continues
monthly.

UNIX Review has recently been placing more emphasis on subscriptions and less
on bookstore sales which may explain its absence in bookstores it used to be
sold in. It has never been widely distributed in bookstores as this is
generally unprofitable for special-interest magazines.

I have received my copy every month. If you are one of the small percentage
of people having problems (with a large circulation someone is bound to have
problems) you can contact them at 415-397-1881 or UNIX Review, 500 Howard St.,
San Francisco, CA 94501.

You can stop by their booth at USENIX this summer and get a free copy.

(I am a Contributing Editor.)

Bob Toxen
Stratus Computer
{ucbvax!ihnp4,harvard}!anvil!bob