[net.unix] Unix-Review

herur@wilbur.arpa (Vinod Herur) (05/12/86)

Hi,
	I have been looking for the magazine Unix Review for the
last couple of days in some local bookstores.  None of them had
th magazine and one even went so far as to say that it is no
longer being published.  Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Vinod Herur   (herur@ames-nasb)

lacasse@rand-unix.arpa (05/13/86)

Rand recently received the April 1986 issue (Vol. 4 Num 4), so apparently
they are still alive.  The publisher's address is:

	Unix Review                     ($35/year)
	500 Howard St.
	San Francisco, CA  94105
	    Tel:415/397-1881

  Mark LaCasse                  qantel!hplabs!sdcrdcf!randvax!lacasse
  c/o The Rand Corporation       cbosgd!ihnp4!sdcrdcf!randvax!lacasse
  1700 Main Street              lacasse@Rand-Unix
  Santa Monica, CA 90406
    213/393-0411  ext. 7420

dfuller.WBST@xerox.com (Dave) (05/13/86)

Ease your minds Unix Review is alive and well (well maybe not so well)
It changed publishers in January of this year and the new publisher's graphics
aren't nearly as good as the previous publishers.  The change-over is quite
noticeable in the appearence of the mag. gone is the heavy gauge paper and
the colorful covers that always graced the review's cover.  Also gone are the
old logo's for the departments, replaced with very dull new ones.  The quality
of the articals has diminished as well.

As for not recieving issues they tend to come late but they do come.

		~ Dave

dan@prairie.UUCP (Daniel M. Frank) (05/23/86)

In article <776@brl-smoke.ARPA> herur@wilbur.arpa (Vinod Herur) writes:

>	I have been looking for the magazine Unix Review for the
>last couple of days in some local bookstores.  None of them had
>th magazine and one even went so far as to say that it is no
>longer being published.  Can anyone enlighten me on this?

   I'm still receiving it.  Just got the latest issue, as a matter of
fact.  You can reach them at

    500 Howard St.
    San Francisco, CA 94105

   (415) 392-1881