[net.unix] Wanted EDT

carroll@infinet.UUCP (Ed Carroll) (05/23/86)

[]

Does anyone know of EDT for either MS-DOS or UNIX.  Any help in
locating this will be appreciated, please respond by mail.

Thanks in advance.

--
Ed Carroll
Infinet, Inc.

decvax!wanginst!infinet!carroll

jimb@tekcbi.UUCP (05/29/86)

In article <324@infinet.UUCP>, carroll@infinet.UUCP (Ed Carroll) writes:
> []
>
> Does anyone know of EDT for either MS-DOS or UNIX.  Any help in
> locating this will be appreciated, please respond by mail.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Ed Carroll
> Infinet, Inc.
> 40 High Street
> No. Andover, MA 01845

Unix.- Use emacs and set up a startup file such as I posted to net.sources
last week which will emulate EDT.

MS-DOS  - There is a company in your area called Boston Business Computing
                                                 Riverwalk Center
                                                 360 Merrimack Street
                                                 Lawrence, Mass. 01843
                                                 617-683-7920

They have a product called PC/EDT which they claim is a complete implementation
of DEC's EDT including journal files, command files, and all Keypad/Nokeypad
mode commands. It supposedly works on IBM PC/XT/AT, Rainbow, Compaq, etc.
They claim to have a Ultrix, Unix and Xenix version soon.

I have not used it or seen it.  I only have the ads and letter they sent.
I cannot endorse it or criticize it.  I have no connection with them.
You know, usual disclaimer.

Last price I saw was $250.
Max. file size is 16,777,214 lines or limited by disk/DOS
Same functionality as EDT version 3.00-17