[net.unix] UNIX and VAX/VMS connection

jcjjl@ihuxo.UUCP (J.J.M. Louvenberg) (06/05/86)

On our site, we have more than one computer community,
the UNIX world and the VAX/VMS world.
Our users are interested in a tool to connect both
worlds so they can exchange files and mail messages.
We presume our desire to connect UNIX and VAX/VMS is not unique,
and are looking for information on any existing package.

If anybody knows of such a package, that we can share or buy,
please send e-mail to:
	ihnp4!hvlpb!mmelchio
	ihnp4!ihuxo!jcjjl

Thanks in advance,

Matthijs Melchior			Jos Louvenberg
ihnp4!hvlpb!mmelchio			ihnp4!ihuxo!jcjjl

jhc@mtune.UUCP (Jonathan Clark) (06/07/86)

In article <597@ihuxo.UUCP> jcjjl@ihuxo.UUCP (J.J.M. Louvenberg) writes:
>On our site, we have more than one computer community,
>the UNIX world and the VAX/VMS world.
>Our users are interested in a tool to connect both
>worlds so they can exchange files and mail messages.
>We presume our desire to connect UNIX and VAX/VMS is not unique,
>and are looking for information on any existing package.

Do you want fast or slow transmission? For fast your best bet is
probably some set of stuff from Excelan (which is Ethernet TCP/IP
based), for slow how about kermit? Excelan are on (408) 434 2300.

--
Jonathan Clark
[NAC,attmail]!mtune!jhc

My walk has become rather more silly lately.