[net.unix] Unix license plate wanted

devonst@burdvax.UUCP (Tom Albrecht) (06/06/86)

[]

I'm looking for another Unix license plate (the one that says 'Live free or
die' and 'Trademark of Bell Labs').  I received one several years
ago at Usenix in Toronto.  I believe someone from DEC had them made.  If
anyone has any information on how I might acquire another, please contact
me.  Thanks.

Tom Albrecht
(215)341-4656

mac@tflop.UUCP (Michael McNamara) (06/11/86)

In article <2520@burdvax.UUCP> devonst@burdvax.UUCP (Tom Albrecht) writes:
>[]
>
>I'm looking for another Unix license plate (the one that says 'Live free or
>die' and 'Trademark of Bell Labs').  I received one several years
>ago at Usenix in Toronto.  I believe someone from DEC had them made.  If
>anyone has any information on how I might acquire another, please contact
>me.  Thanks.
>
>Tom Albrecht
>(215)341-4656

	They came from the DecUnix group in Merrimack, New Hampshire.  We had one in
	our office in case any one disputed the fact we held a U*IX license.
	(License? It's right up there on the wall!)
--
---------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
| ARPA: tflop!mac@ames.arpa      |
---------------------------------+--------------------------------------------

avolio@decuac.UUCP (06/13/86)

In article <2520@burdvax.UUCP> devonst@burdvax.UUCP (Tom Albrecht) writes:
> I'm looking for another Unix license plate (the one that says 'Live free or
> die' and 'Trademark of Bell Labs').  ... I believe someone from DEC
> had them made.  If anyone has any information on how I might acquire ...

Hot dog!  They've become collectors' items!  Okay... I have one.
$3000.00 or best offer. :-)

--
Fred @ DEC Ultrix Applications Center
INET: avolio@decuac.DEC.COM				* Fight the Fight *

thomas@utah-gr.UUCP (Spencer W. Thomas) (06/16/86)

In article <957@decuac.DEC.COM> avolio@decuac.DEC.COM (Frederick M. Avolio) writes:
>Hot dog!  They've become collectors' items!  Okay... I have one.
>$3000.00 or best offer. :-)

And how much am I bid for my UNIX "Live Free or Die" plate, complete
with Dennis Ritchie's signature (thus making it a valid `Unix license`?-)

--
=Spencer   ({ihnp4,decvax}!utah-cs!thomas, thomas@utah-cs.ARPA)