[net.music] more mangled lyrics - WAKE UP, IT'S 1986, PEOPLE

earle@smeagol.UUCP (Greg Earle) (01/11/86)

>> 'Member Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" where she sings "One eye in the mirror
>> as you watch yourself go by"?
>>
>> To me that sounds like "One eye in the middle and the other can't decide."
>
> P.S. Just to make you feel better: For the longest time I thought
> that the Moody Blues' "Nights in White Satin" was actually
> "Knights in White Satin". (Homonyms -- don't ya just love 'em :-)!
>  ^

etc. etc. etc. Elton John "Bennie and the Jets" blah blah Pakistan blah blah ...

Jezuz, it's fucking 1 9 8 6 ("Can't ya afford a fuckin' haircut?" - Lee Ving)
and all you BOF's out there are throwing out all these
"Gosh-gee-remember-197[012...], I thought this lyric by (Insert name of BOF
or nauseating Singer/songwriter here) was really THIS tee hee" messages.
Have you all DIED and crawled into a hole musically or what?  I haven't seen
ONE article where the song mentioned was released in the 1980's!!  And don't
tell me that suddenly there are no more lyrics to garble, either.

I can beat all of you - the hell with garbled LYRICS, how about garbled
ENTIRE ALBUM LYRICS?  I give a $100 Monopoly money prize and a tip-of-the-hat
to anyone who can post a complete stanza to ANY song from ANY Cocteau Twins
album (Sorry, snippets on the inner sleeve of "Head Over Heels" DON'T count).

-----------------

	Greg Earle	(Avowed member-till-I-die of the Class of '76)
	JPL Spacecraft Data Systems group
	sdcrdcf!smeagol!earle	(UUCP)
	ia-sun2!smeagol!earle@cit-vax.arpa	(ARPA)

-----------------
Know Your Culture:
"Tiny Dynamite" and "Echoes In a Shallow Bay" - 2 12" singles by the
above mentioned Cocteaus - continued brilliance; available as a Double
Pack 12" at discerning record stores near you ...

kishore2@watdcsu.UUCP (K.Singhal - Systems Design) (01/13/86)

In article <543@smeagol.UUCP> earle@smeagol.UUCP (Greg Earle) writes:
>>> 'Member Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" where she sings "One eye in ...
>> P.S. Just to make you feel better: For the longest time I thought
>etc. etc. etc. Elton John "Bennie and the Jets" blah blah Pakistan blah blah
>
>Jezuz, it's fucking 1 9 8 6 ("Can't ya afford a fuckin' haircut?" - Lee Ving)
>and all you BOF's out there are throwing out all these
>"Gosh-gee-remember-197[012...], I thought this lyric by (Insert name of BOF
>or nauseating Singer/songwriter here) was really THIS tee hee" messages.
>Have you all DIED and crawled into a hole musically or what?  I haven't seen
>ONE article where the song mentioned was released in the 1980's!!  And don't
>tell me that suddenly there are no more lyrics to garble, either.
>
>I can beat all of you - the hell with garbled LYRICS, how about garbled
>
>	Greg Earle	(Avowed member-till-I-die of the Class of '76)
>	JPL Spacecraft Data Systems group
>	sdcrdcf!smeagol!earle	(UUCP)
>	ia-sun2!smeagol!earle@cit-vax.arpa	(ARPA)

Its probably that the lyrics to so many of the songs of present day artists
are so mangled already that we don't need to mangle them ourselves. Or
perhaps we don't know that we've mangled them yet :-) !!

Ah nostalga! too bad you can't enjoy it too! You must be either too old
or not old enough! How I miss leisure suits! :--)

S.Lang
Systems Design Engineering    (may you have a long and interesting life)
University of Waterloo

vch@rruxo.UUCP (Kerro Panille) (01/13/86)

>I can beat all of you - the hell with garbled LYRICS, how about garbled
>ENTIRE ALBUM LYRICS?  I give a $100 Monopoly money prize and a tip-of-the-hat
>to anyone who can post a complete stanza to ANY song from ANY Cocteau Twins
>album (Sorry, snippets on the inner sleeve of "Head Over Heels" DON'T count).

Who the hell are the Cocteau Twins?????? I've been active in the radio station
in two colleges during the last 4 years, both have had very progressive formats,
and I must say that I have NEVER heard of the 'Cocteau Twins'!!! Where the hell
are you from anyway??

Its no surprize nobody has ever heard of the Cocteau Twins, though. Their albums
are probably printed by some fly-by-night record company. We always threw those
lousey albums out. Terrible quality - never mind terrible musicians. (If they
were any good, they would have a contract with a REAL record company, instead
of paying for the pressing out of their pockets...)

Well, anyway, I'll be listening to real music...

--
Vince Hatem          	               ----------------		           A
Bell Communications Research           | UZI          |----------|_ _ _\/  T

   TRUE GRIT MYSTERIES - The detective series for those who NEVER eat quiche!
         (WARNING - MAY BE EMOTIONALLY DISTURBING TO HAMSTER LOVERS)

chad@anasazi.UUCP (Chad R. Larson) (01/21/86)

The song Kyrie Eleison (it's Latin, folks) by Mr. Mr. contains
a phrase that goes "Carry a laser down the road..."
        -crl

Chad R. Larson                  UUCP {terak!mot}!anasazi!chad
International Anasazi, Inc.     Telco (602) 870-3330
7500 North Dreamy Draw Drive
Phoenix, Arizona 85020