[net.unix] Tektronix 4695 Color Printer Problems

bcx@eeg.UUCP (07/24/86)

We, at EEG Systems, are interested in hearing what experiences others
have had with the reliability of the Tektronix 4695 color printers. Has
anyone had bad experiences, and if so, what kind?  We're wondering
because we were having some problems, and wanted to know if we were the
only ones (as Tektronix seems to be claiming).

--
Bryan Costales, EEG Systems Laboratory
1855 Folsom St, San Francisco, Ca 94103 (415) 621-8343

rich@tekfdi.UUCP (George Rich) (08/01/86)

In article <130@eeg.UUCP>, bcx@eeg.UUCP writes:
> We, at EEG Systems, are interested in hearing what experiences others
> have had with the reliability of the Tektronix 4695 color printers. Has
> anyone had bad experiences, and if so, what kind?  We're wondering
> because we were having some problems, and wanted to know if we were the
> only ones (as Tektronix seems to be claiming).
>
> --
> Bryan Costales, EEG Systems Laboratory
> 1855 Folsom St, San Francisco, Ca 94103 (415) 621-8343
> {ihnp4,lll-crg,dual,qantel,pyramid}!ptsfa!eeg!bcx

          We have also had trouble with the Tektronix 4965 color copier.
     After several visits from our factory service represenitive, one of
     them final made a few suggestions that seem to work.

          1. When changing the ink cartiages, place a few drops of
             distilled water or Tektronix cleaning fluid, Tektronix
             part number 016-0732-00, into the ink resavior before
             installing the new cartiage. The following amounts
             should be put into each resavior:

                BLACK ............. 20 DROPS
                YELLOW ............ 10 DROPS
                MAGENTA ........... 10 DROPS
                CYAN .............. 10 DROPS

             This will help to prevent the ink from thicking and pluging
             the ink jet.

          2. Make sure that the "printhead maintenance liquid container"
             is changed about once a month. This can be replaced by print-
             head maintenance liquid or distilled water.

          3. If the color copier is not used reguarly for color print outs,
             then running the self test daily or ever other day will help
             prevent the ink jets from drying out. Only a few lines need to
             be printed in order to keep the ink jets clear.

          4. The print head surface can be cleanded by following the pro-
             cedure in the operators manual, Tektronix part number 070-
             4646-00. This procedure is found in section 4, page 3.

          5. The ink jets can be cleaned by following the the procedure in
             operators manual, section 4, page 10. This method should be
             tried first and that fails then try setcion 4, page 17.

          Hopefully the above procedures will work to correct some of the
     problems that you are have with the color copier.

                                           George B. Rich
                                           Frequency Domain Instrumentation
                                           Tektronix, Inc.
                                           rich@tekfdi.TEK.COM

          Disclaimer:     These views do not necessarily represent the
                          views of Tektronix, Inc.