[net.unix] Looking for used Suns

billd@crash.UUCP (Bill D'Camp) (08/08/86)

[]

I've been asked to try and find a source for used Sun equipment,
the main requirement be that the system be capable of supporting a
9 track tape drive.  The person who asked me about this has the
opportunity to acquire a Sun-2/120 using multibus with 140mb disk and
a 9 track drive for $11,500 and wasn't sure whether that was a good price.
I'm not sure what going prices are for used Sun equipment.

If you know of any dealers who handle used Suns, or have some which
might fit the bill and want to sell it, please mail me.  If there is
interest in this I will summarize.

			Thanks,
			Bill D'Camp

nather@ut-sally.UUCP (Ed Nather) (08/09/86)

In article <118@crash.UUCP>, billd@crash.UUCP (Bill D'Camp) writes:
> If you know of any dealers who handle used Suns, or have some which
> might fit the bill and want to sell it, please mail me.  If there is
> interest in this I will summarize.

I don't know of any dealers, but I know where there are GOBS of white
dwarf stars that are currently unclaimed.  These, of course, are suns that
have used up all their burnable fuel and have collapsed to a state of
degeneracy even punk rock can't match.  I'll work up a catalog.

<sorry.  couldn't resist>

--
Ed Nather
Astronomy Dept, U of Texas @ Austin