			dpixton@suny-bing

campbell@maynard.UUCP (Larry Campbell) (08/14/86)

In article <2998@brl-smoke.ARPA> dpixton%suny-bing.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.arpa writes:
>We are running Ultrix on a MicroVax-II.
>Does anyone know where we can buy
>a modula-2 compiler??
>			Dennis Pixton
>			dpixton@suny-bing

DEC sells a pretty good one to educational institutions for some ridiculously
low price ($100?), so you're in luck.  Unfortunately, for non-educational
customers it's either wildly expensive or just plain not available.  Sigh.
--
Larry Campbell                             The Boston Software Works, Inc.
ARPA: campbell%maynard.uucp@harvard.ARPA   120 Fulton Street, Boston MA 02109

bhoward@funvax.UUCP (Bruce Howard) (08/15/86)

> We are running Ultrix on a MicroVax-II.
> Does anyone know where we can buy
> a modula-2 compiler??
>
> 			Dennis Pixton
> 			dpixton@suny-bing

We have a network of MicroVAXen running Ultrix.  We obtained
our Modula-2 compiler from DEC Western Research Labs for
something like $100.  Last time I checked, it was only
available to University sites.  I don't think you need
a source license, but you should check with them.

			Bruce

--

		 ---------------------------------
...decvax!ittatc!funvax!bhoward  Bruce Howard @ Fairfield University

hoffman@pitt.UUCP (Bob Hoffman) (08/19/86)

Tartan Laboratories, Pittsburgh, PA, has an excellent Modula-2 compiler
with full software support available.  They can be reached by phone at
412-621-2210, on the Arpanet at TL-20B.ARPA, and on UUCP-net at
{allegra,bellcore,cadre,psuvax1}!pitt!tl-vaxa! ...

--
Bob Hoffman, N3CVL       {allegra, bellcore, cadre, idis, psuvax1}!pitt!hoffman
Pitt Computer Science    hoffman%pitt@csnet-relay

chinn@butler.UUCP (David Chinn) (08/21/86)

> We are running Ultrix on a MicroVax-II.
> Does anyone know where we can buy
> a modula-2 compiler??

We started two years ago with Ultrix 1.0 on a 750.  When
we up-revved to 1.[12], modula was included.  An uprev
to the current version costs a couple thousand.

rad@MITRE-BEDFORD.arpa (Dick Dramstad) (08/28/86)

Dennis,

>We are running Ultrix on a MicroVax-II.
>Does anyone know where we can buy
>a modula-2 compiler??

	Ultrix-32 comes with a very nice modula-2 compiler (the one
done by Powell at decwrl).  Ultrix-32m does not, probably for the same
reason you don't get Franz Lisp in the 32m distro:  inadequate uVAX
disk space.  Perhaps you'll be as lucky with modula-2 as some folks
apparently have been with Lisp:  a licensed 32m site is permitted to
copy Franz from any other Ultrix-32 site; see if you can do that first
with modula-2.  If none is available, try contacting DEC support --
they may end up being nice guys about it and send you a set of
floppies or a TK50 with the m2 code on it.

Dick Dramstad
rad@mitre-bedford