[net.unix] rogue, D & D, etc

root@ozdaltx.UUCP (root) (10/04/86)

Got the following reply today in responce to a request posted
earlier for Advrogue. I'm not up on a lot of the *NIX based games,
but several of my users had requested them. Just in case anyone
is interested...... Anyone want to take him up on the offer?

ccrdave@ucdavis.UUCP (Lord Kahless) (10/07/86)

> Got the following reply today in responce to a request posted
> earlier for Advrogue. I'm not up on a lot of the *NIX based games,
> but several of my users had requested them. Just in case anyone
> is interested...... Anyone want to take him up on the offer?
> > Date: Tue, 30 Sep 86 20:25:03 pdt
> > From: ihnp4!lll-crg!ucdavis!deneb!ccrdave (Kahless tai-Hazar @ Imperial Propoganda)
> > To: cuae2!ltuxa!we53!sw013b!dj3b1!killer!ozdaltx!root
> > Subject: Re: Need Advrogue Source

HOW DARE YOU PUBLISH PRIVATE MESSAGES!  I sent you a private message, and
you posted it!  You have greatly breached a private confidence by posting
a private reply.  Forget me dealing with you!

Also, this doesn't even sound like the message I posted.  Did you edit it?

root@ozdaltx.UUCP (root) (10/12/86)

In article <544@ucdavis.UUCP>, ccrdave@ucdavis.UUCP (Lord Kahless) writes:
>>Got the following reply today in responce to a request posted
>>earlier for Advrogue. I'm not up on a lot of the *NIX based games,
>>but several of my users had requested them. Just in case anyone
>>is interested...... Anyone want to take him up on the offer?
>>>From: ihnp4!lll-crg!ucdavis!deneb!ccrdave (Kahless tai-Hazar @ Imperial Propoganda)
>>>To: cuae2!ltuxa!we53!sw013b!dj3b1!killer!ozdaltx!root
>>>Subject: Re: Need Advrogue Source
>
>HOW DARE YOU PUBLISH PRIVATE MESSAGES!  I sent you a private message, and
>you posted it!  You have greatly breached a private confidence by posting
>a private reply.  Forget me dealing with you!
>
>Also, this doesn't even sound like the message I posted.  Did you edit it?

After receiving your accusing letter yesterday on _MY_ 'TACKY' attitude
by posting your reply to the net, I read it and sent it to /dev/null.
However, since you want to "go public" of sorts, at least while
hidding behind an alias.... I will repeat my E-mail reply plus a little.

1. Since I was the recepent of your message, I, not you had the final
decision rather that said reply was private or not. I chose to make it
public.

2. No, I think you can forget me dealing with you... I doubt very
seriously you have anything I need or can't get though legitimate
sources. I have quite a bit of source... and it is not for sale
to ANYONE at ANY PRICE unless I WROTE it. That does not me preclude
my giving it to someone for their own personal use, however. BUT,
I will not profit at someone elses expense.

3. You should have made a copy of your message to me, I'll be happy
to send you mine right out of my mbox file. In other words, your
responce was posted verbatum.

4. Face it, you got caught with your hand in the "cookie jar".

5. The matter is closed.

Scotty
...ihnp4!killer!ozdaltx!root

"Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts-
 It's what you do with what you have left." - Hubert Humphrey