[net.suicide] State-of-the-art

rwh@aesat.UUCP (Russ Herman) (01/06/85)

If you REALLY want to know what the latest is, the A.A.A.S (American
Association for the Advancement of Suicidology?) is holding their
next conference in Toronto April 17-21. Will post further info as received
if anyone interested. As an 8 year volunteer with the local crisis centre,
I'm planning to attend.
--
  ______			Russ Herman
 /      \			{allegra,ihnp4,linus,decvax}!utzoo!aesat!rwh

kgdykes@watbun.UUCP (01/08/85)

> Subject: Re: net personals ... a pointer to a proposal (tonga plugs)
> From: spaf@gatech.UUCP (Gene Spafford)
> Newsgroups: net.motss,net.singles,net.social,net.news.group
> Date: 2 Jan 85 16:56:59 GMT
>
> In article <65@cithep.UucP> tim@cithep.UucP (Tim Smith ) writes:
> >[ 1. Nf3 ]

> >> [ detailed explanation of what a set of tonga plugs is ]
> >
> >OK, but what are they used for?
>
> Well, that really is a matter of personal perference and endurance.
> I use them for about 2 hours at a time.
>
> --
> Gene "7 months and counting" Spafford
> The Clouds Project, School of ICS, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332
> CSNet:	Spaf @ GATech		ARPA:	Spaf%GATech.CSNet @ CSNet-Relay.ARPA
> uucp:	...!{akgua,allegra,hplabs,ihnp4,linus,seismo,ulysses}!gatech!spaf

  You want state-of-the-art??? Try tongas for 4-6 hours non-stop!
  You go with a smile!  :-}

              - Ken Dykes
                Software Development Group, U. of Waterloo
                Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.  N2L 3G1
                {clyde,utzoo}!watmum!watmath!water!watbun!kgdykes