[net.suicide] Was Re: Poison

ph@wucec2.UUCP (03/19/86)

bjob@alice.UucP (Barbara J. Orlando-Bimmler) writes:
>>  ... let us revert to the topic of whether suicide is a
>>  good idea.
>
>Why?  It's a truth we hold to be self-evident.  You can't prove an axiom.
>A mathematician ought to understand *that* much.

	    Say WHAT?!
	    What you mean "we", paleface?  It may be self-evident to
	you, but it sure as !@&%**^$ isn't to the rest of us.  I hardly
	think that that is the kind of belief basic enough to be
	considered an axiom, either.  You talk about mathematicians--
	learn some math yourself!
	    In a slightly less toasty mode--I think it is entirely
	appropriate to discuss the ethics of suicide here.  Seems a lot
	more worthwhile to me than a canonical list of tried-and-true
	methods.
	    (-: Say, if you think suicide is such a great idea, why
	don't you try it yourself, and put yourself out of our misery?
	Ah, but then you would be dead, and wouldn't care if we were
	happier or not.  Of course. :-)
						--pH
/*
 *	    "Do we go to eat now?"
 *	    "No.  We go now to kill ourselves."
 *	    What a crummy party!
 */