[net.music] USA For Africa Lineup

michael3@garfield.UUCP (Mike Rendell) (05/29/85)

[]

  I have been trying to locate G.B. Trudeau and Bob Geldoff in the USA for Africa
  video.My hunch is that he is to the right of Harry Belafonte.I havnt the slighest    idea where Saint Bob is.Also,who on earth is that to the left of Dan Ackroyd?

evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus) (06/03/85)

In <2980@garfield.UUCP>, Mike Rendell writes:

>   I have been trying to locate G.B. Trudeau and Bob Geldof in the USA for
> Africa video.My hunch is that he is to the right of Harry Belafonte.I havnt
> the slighest    idea where Saint Bob is.  Also,who on earth is that to the
> left of Dan Ackroyd?

Garry Trudeau is not there.  He did was not involved in the actual making of
the video or song.  His name appears nowhere on anything.  (How did this rumor
get started anyway??)

On Dan Aykroyd's (sp!) left is Bob Geldof (Saint Bob??????).  I don't know who
that is on Harry's right.

--Evan Marcus
--

{ucbvax|decvax}!vax135!petsd!petfe!evan
                         ...!pedsgd!pedsga!evan

"So, if she weighs the same as a duck, she is made of wood..."
"And therefore..."
"A witch!"

alle@ihuxb.UUCP (Marguerite Czajka) (06/03/85)

> Garry Trudeau is not there.  He did was not involved in the actual making of
> the video or song.  His name appears nowhere on anything.  (How did this rumor
> get started anyway??)

According to most of the articles I`ve read on the recording of the song,
Trudeau was there.  He wrote a series of Doonesbury strips about it.  I
never heard of his having anything to do with the video though.