[net.info-terms] termcap documentation

david@sun.uucp (David DiGiacomo) (02/05/86)

In article <6012@elsie.UUCP> ado@elsie.UUCP (Arthur David Olson) writes:
>> The 4.1BSD TERMCAP(5) documentation is very obsolete.
>> A much improved edition should be distributed with 4.3BSD.
>
>I trust that no one will be misled by Doug Gwyn's contribution.  The 4.1BSD
>termcap(5) documentation is utterly up-to-date for those of us running 4.1BSD
>(and for folks interested in writing programs that will port to 4.1BSD systems);
>attempts to use 4.3BSD documentation on 4.1BSD systems would be catastrophic.

Unfortunately, the 4.1bsd termcap man page *is* obsolete with respect
to the 4.1bsd code.  When I was running 4.1bsd, I would have been lost
without the updated documentation provided by Mark Horton (thanks again).

--
David DiGiacomo  {decvax, ihnp4, ucbvax}!sun!david  david@sun.arpa
Sun Microsystems, Mt. View, CA  (415) 960-7495