[net.info-terms] TeleVideo 950 info needed

rlw@well.UUCP (Bob Weissman) (09/17/86)

Having lost my TeleVideo 950 manual long ago, I can't remember how to
re-program the function keys.  Can anyone out there with a manual send me the
character sequence to emit to re-program them?

Thanks!

--

   Bob Weissman
   Internet:	G.WEISSMAN@SU-SCORE.ARPA

kehres@styx.UUCP (Tim Kehres) (09/18/86)

In article <1799@well.UUCP> rlw@well.UUCP (Bob Weissman) writes:

>Having lost my TeleVideo 950 manual long ago, I can't remember how to
>re-program the function keys.  Can anyone out there with a manual send me the
>character sequence to emit to re-program them?
>
>Thanks!
>
>--
>
>   Bob Weissman
>   Internet:	G.WEISSMAN@SU-SCORE.ARPA
>   Usenet:	...!{hplabs | lll-crg | glacier | ptsfa}!well!rlw

According to my manual (Revison B, April 1982) it claims the following:

Enter the following code in the exact sequence shown:

	ESC | p1 p2 message ^Y

where

	p1 is the number of the function key.  The values of p1 are as follows:

	KEY		Unshifted	Shifted
	===		=========	=======
	F1		    1		   <
	F2		    2		   =
	F3		    3		   >
	F4		    4		   ?
	F5		    5		   @
	F6		    6		   A
	F7		    7		   B
	F8		    8		   C
	F9		    9		   D
	F10		    :		   E
	F11		    ;		   F

	The message can contain up to 63 bytes per key. (The total memory
	available for the function keys is 256 bytes total or 64 characters
	per key; however, one byte is added by the terminal processor for
	control purposes.)

	p2 is one of the following values:

		1 = Send to the computer (full duplex)
		2 = Send to screen (local)
		3 = Send to computer and to screen (half duplex)

	^Y is the termination character.

	Because control, escape, cursor position, and similiar function
	keys are not normally stored, a ^P embedded in the text of the
	function key message may be used to store the next character
	entered.

	If your computer cannot receive the message fast enough, enter a
	^@ (null) sign between each character of the message.

This information was valid for the 950's of a few years back.  I believe
that TeleVideo has upgraded the firmware in their terminals since that time
and that the above information may not be completely accurate for newer
machines.  This should at least give you a reasonable start.  If not, you
might want to check with TeleVideo or your local distributor in obtaining
a new manual.  Be sure to let them know what revision of the firmware you
are running is.

Tim Kehres
Control Data Corporaton / Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
UUCP: {idi,ihnp4!lll-lcc}!styx!kehres
ARPA: kehres@lll-tis-b.ARPA
AT&T: (415) 463-6852