[net.eunice] EUNICE 4.1 upgrade doesn't work?

anders@lth.UUCP (Anders Ardo) (09/06/85)

--
  I have tried upgrading to EUNICE 4.1 and VMS v4.1 but for various reasons
I was forced to go back to VMS v3 and my old EUNICE. But the experiment

     Anders Ardo, Dept of computer engineering, University of Lund, Sweden
UUCP:  ...seismo!mcvax!enea!alibaba!lth!anders

bllklly@uwmacc.UUCP (Bill Kelly) (09/09/85)

In article <222@lth.UUCP> anders@lth.UUCP (Anders Ardo) writes:
>1) mail under EUNICE 4.1 doesn't work (documented bug, no fix). Anyone
>   know when a fix will be available?

	It's available now.  I think it was very poor judgment to release
	4.1 with that many things not working, but to TWG's credit, I
	received the update tape within 18 hours of requesting it.  I will
	install it soon and let the net know whether it works and what else it
	fixes.
--
Bi||     {allegra, ihnp4, seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!bllklly
Ke||y    UW-Madison, 1210 West Dayton St., Madison WI 53706

"Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed
 to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

chip@t12tst.UUCP (C. Rosenthal, SC4-23, x6-7651) (09/12/85)

> From: anders@lth.UUCP (Anders Ardo)
> Date: 6 Sep 85 17:04:39 GMT
>
> I have tried upgrading to EUNICE 4.1 and VMS v4.1 but for various reasons
> I was forced to go back to VMS v3 and my old EUNICE.

I have heard nothing about horror stories about the Eunice upgrade.  As
far as I know, the only people who have gotten it to work (besides TWG)
are the folks at SRI (no surprise) and one machine upstairs (but they don't
exercise it much).  Is it really that big a problem?  Does anybody have
any helpful suggestions or hints?

I'm looking at an upgrade probably within the next few weeks, and I
can't afford to fall back to V3.  Yes, I'm really worried about this
whole thing.

--

Chip Rosenthal, Intel/Santa Clara, (408) 496-7651
{intelca,idi,qubix,cbosgd}!t4test!chip