[net.music] Pete Townshend

newman@bgsuvax.UUCP (Tim Newman) (05/18/85)

{{{{}}}}}

Anyone know what Pete Townshend's up to nowadays?

sethian@acf4.UUCP (sethian) (05/24/85)

No, but I too would love to know. Pete Forever.
				     sethian@lbl-csam, sethian@nyu-acf4

Rock.SBDERX@XEROX.ARPA (05/28/85)

Pete Townshend is currently working as a commissioning editor for a
major U.K. book publisher.  His first project has just been released.
He is also very active in the cause of anti-drugs campaigning, and
appeared in this role at last year's Conservative Party conference.  He
celebrated his fortieth birthday a couple of weeks ago.  "I hope I die
before I get old" ????

	Ian

rs@mirror.UUCP (05/29/85)

i heard that he's making (made?) an album with with that great texas
new-wave/r&b group, "the fabulous thunderbirds."

bobh@greg.UUCP (Bob Heuman @ Benetics Corp) (06/04/85)

> Anyone know what Pete Townshend's up to nowadays?

I heard he's producing an album for his son that should out shortly.
Also, there is supposed to be a second "Scoop" album in the works.
--
Bob Heuman

gdave@ubvax.UUCP (06/04/85)

In article <449@bgsuvax.UUCP>, newman@bgsuvax.UUCP (Tim Newman) writes:
> {{{{}}}}}
>
> Anyone know what Pete Townshend's up to nowadays?

	I heard on the radio this morning that the organizer of the
	Band-Aid (His name escapes me right now) get together is
	trying to organize a Who Re-Union Concert(s). Locations
	are Wembley Stadium in England and posibly Shea or the
	Meadowlands on the east coast. Pete Townshend was asked how
	he felt about and replied that he was all for it. Details
	are apparently still being worked out.

rkp@drutx.UUCP (Russ Pierce) (06/05/85)

>Anyone know what Pete Townshend's up to nowadays?

Our local station reported the other day that Pete is about to:

1) Release a new solo album
2) Release a new soundtrack album for a movie
3) Release a new book.

I don't have any details on any of these.

   Russell Pierce	AT&T Technologies	1200 W. 120th Ave.
   Denver, CO  80234	...!drutx!rkp		(303) 538-2023

        "When I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself...."