[net.music] Steeleye Span/Fairport Convention

boyajian@akov68.DEC (06/08/85)

> From:	decwrl!joel	(Joel McCormack)

> A few weeks back people were asking about Steeleye Span.
>
> I just saw them in Philadephia with Renaissance and Fairport Convention

I just caught the Boston show the other day. The songlist was just about
the same (as nearly as I can remember) as what you listed.

> It was one of the best concerts (allowing for the short performance) I've
> been to.  Maddy Prior's voice is magnificent, and she used a wide dynamic
> range.  The group played together precisely...of course they're pretty
> familiar with the material.

Oddly enough, I thought Fairport Convention played much more tightly,
considering the fact that they're only a "part-time" band. They seemed much
defter with their instruments than Steeleye Span. As such, I was ever-so-
slightly disappointed by Span. I might not have been if they preceded,
rather than followed, Fairport. Still, a terrific concert.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA
   soon to be:
	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.COM