[net.sources] A 13 character self duplicator - can we then stop?

broome@brl-tgr.UUCP (09/05/84)

Actually a LISP self duplicating program is just

	nil

or in T

	()

Now we can stop.

Paul Broome
brl-tgr!broome

addw@root44.UUCP (Alain Williams) (09/06/84)

<For mailers with the munchies>
How about:
cat `path $0`
(with no newline on the end)
OK it depends on path (which gives the path to a command), but most of
the others depend on printf().

	Alain Williams,
	Root Computers Ltd, London.
	{ENGLAND}!hirst1!root44!addw
	edai!root44!rootis!addw
	ukc!root44!addw

fred@gymble.UUCP (09/07/84)

[No! You're not going to delete this line. Stay back! NO! Aieeeeee . . *CHOMP*

	From: addw@root44.UUCP (Alain Williams)
	Newsgroups: net.sources
	Subject: A 13 character self duplicator -can we then stop ?
	Date: Thu, 6-Sep-84 08:17:04 EDT

	How about: cat `path $0` (with no newline on the end)
	OK it depends on path (which gives the path to a command), but
	most of the others depend on printf().
						- Alain Williams,

Allright, if we're going to include shell scripts in the competition, I
submit the null program. If you don't believe this works do:

	cp /dev/null foo
	chmod a+x foo
	foo > bar
	cmp foo bar

Now try and get something shorter than that. ;-)

--
					Fred Blonder (301) 454-7690
					harpo!seismo!umcp-cs!fred