[net.sources] Fix for net.unwanted.requests.on.net.sources problem

brad@gcc-opus.ARPA (Brad Parker) (12/15/84)

In article <61@tekadg.UUCP> eric@tekadg.UUCP (E Burrito) writes:

>in FACT - maybe ein SCHTANDART could be sett up mit vhich, ve vill
>enKODE der ZOURCES fur der net.ARKIVE, und, if die artikles ist
>geposten mitout das enkoden, ve vill mit ein automatischenprocessen
>deleten zie!!!     HEIL!!!
>
>Wank, wank, wank...

it's nice to see that not EVERYONE takes this time sink seriously.
Please make me laugh at least once a month.

You have to admit, some of the nerdware is fun to play with (were
would I be without MON telling me how many pages ares swapped out?)

:->
--

J Bradford Parker
uucp: seismo!harvard!gcc-opus!brad

"What I did that night,
 what she did that night,
 Realizing my hope
 I thrust myself towards glory..."
	- David Burne

shawn@mit-eddie.UUCP (Shawn McKay) (12/16/84)

Since people were VERY rude to me when I posted my requests to
net.sources, Iam starting to question the usefulness of the
newsgroup itself, it's not me feeling that a newsgroup should
be so tightly limited, and that it is really at all called for
to be rude to someone who has gone so FAR as to post something
to perhaps the wrong news group. I am not going to post ANYTHING
to net.wanted.sources, less you can show me that there is an equal
base of people reading that news group. I don't, so allready you
have lost.

The next person who sends me a rude message from this news group
will be written out of my will! And as for another news group
for the LESS EDUCATED folk out there who are more apt to be rude
in such cases, I think this is a great idea, a sort of playpen for
the kiddies. The perhaps the adults can get something useful done.

great bit bucket in the sky, (without reading it), reply to me
as you should reply to any user of this news group, or any other
news group, and I will reply the same. Lets have some manners back
to the net, eh?

		Yours In FireFighting,
		   -- Shawn

Uucp: mit-eddie!shawn
Arpa: Shawn at Mit-Mc

eric@tekadg.UUCP (E Burrito) (12/19/84)

Since I got so many good flames, ranging from (GRRRROOOWWWLLLL!!!!
YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE!!!!!) to (WWWHHIMMmmmper....  PLEEEEEzze don't,
honorable Sir...)  I am now fully awake and no longer bored and
would like to propose the creation of:

(TA-DAAAAHHHH!!!)  NET.ARCHIVE!!!!!!!!

for all the scrambling silly little nerdware collectors out there...
(In any case, it escapes me why net.sources should exist ONLY for
nerdware collectors, and why EVERYBODY ELSE should just get OFF!!)

Then, we can DELETE net.wanted.sources, and let everybody post their
wants to net.sources along with the source-posters, and the comment-posters,
and commentators, etc...  This, of course, would make it incumbent upon
people posting sources to post them to TWO newsgroups, which would
probably be cause for Did-I-Miss-Something paranoia among the nerdware
collectors, but there's probably a better chance that whoever is trying
to give something away will post it all over the place, than there is
that they will read net.wanted.sources over and over looking for someone
to give it to.

Of course, this will frustrate all the traffic cops, as
they will have one less law to attempt to enforce, but... sigh...
I'm sure they'll think of something (if they live long enough) -

FURTHERLESS - it occurs to me that some pencil-neck with
nothing better to do should be able to hatch some sort of indexing
scheme for a net.archive so the nerdware collectors could REALLY
go wild, and write SPECIAL magtapes with INDEXES at the front
CROSS-REFERENCED by subject, author, date, version, charm, strangeness,
color, etc...

in FACT - maybe ein SCHTANDART could be sett up mit vhich, ve vill
enKODE der ZOURCES fur der net.ARKIVE, und, if die artikles ist
geposten mitout das enkoden, ve vill mit ein automatischenprocessen
deleten zie!!!     HEIL!!!

		       /o
		      /   ># |

Wank, wank, wank...