[net.music] Beatles & solos

cmoore@BRL.ARPA (VLD/VMB) (05/24/85)

(Format: song title--performer--sounds like.)
No Matter What--Badfinger--Beatles (also, 1st 2 chords of "No
   Matter What" line "break down the old gray wall..." are
   in the Beatles song "Baby's in Black" lyric "Oh how
   long will it take...")
Stuck in the Middle with You--Stealers Wheel--John Lennon
I Can Help--Billy Swan--Ringo Starr
(The entire "Emitt Rhodes" album has music as might have been
done by Paul McCartney.)

Come & Get It, a McCartney composition recorded by
Badfinger, was used in an Air Force ad.
Jamaica tourism ad currently in use has the music for John
Lennon's "Merry Xmas (war is over)".

berry@zinfandel.UUCP (Berry Kercheval) (05/28/85)

In article <11008@brl-tgr.ARPA> cmoore@BRL.ARPA (VLD/VMB) writes:
>(Format: song title--performer--sounds like.)

Letter `B' -- Sesame Street Beetles -- sounds like "let it be"

I understand Mr. Harrison is suing Children's Television Workshop
over this one.

	"When it seems I can't remember
	 what comes after `A' and before `C',
	 My mother whispers softly
	 `Letter B'"

--
Berry Kercheval		Zehntel Inc.	(ihnp4!zehntel!zinfandel!berry)
(415)932-6900				(kerch@lll-tis.ARPA)

evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus) (06/10/85)

Berry Kercheval writes:
> In article <11008@brl-tgr.ARPA> cmoore@BRL.ARPA (VLD/VMB) writes:
> >(Format: song title--performer--sounds like.)
>
> Letter `B' -- Sesame Street Beetles -- sounds like "let it be"
>
> I understand Mr. Harrison is suing Children's Television Workshop
> over this one.
>
 	> "When it seems I can't remember
 	> what comes after `A' and before `C',
	> My mother whispers softly
	> `Letter B'"

Seems to me that ol' George is still p.o.'d about losing that plagiarism
suit over He's So Fine and My Sweet Lord.  My G-d, suing CTW!  Is there no
decency left??????????

--Evan Marcus
--

{ucbvax|decvax}!vax135!petsd!petfe!evan
                         ...!pedsgd!pedsga!evan

"So, if she weighs the same as a duck, she is made of wood..."
"And therefore..."
"A witch!"

59231ig@houxm.UUCP (I.GERSZBERG) (06/11/85)

I guess Mr. Harrison is still living
in a "material world" in spite of what he
might be preaching on his albums.

Bob Switzer

--
Robert Switzer
(the views expressed in this article are strictly my own

dsc@daemon.UUCP (David S. Comay) (06/12/85)

Is it really George that has brought the suit again CTW?  The publisher
of the song is `Northern Songs' (they published all of the
Lennon/McCartney songs), while George's publisher is `Harrisongs'.
George didn't write `Let It Be', Paul did, so I really cannot believe
George would get involved with such a suit.

David

jimc@haddock.UUCP (06/13/85)

> Letter `B' -- Sesame Street Beetles -- sounds like "let it be"
>
> I understand Mr. Harrison is suing Children's Television Workshop
> over this one.
>
> 	"When it seems I can't remember
> 	 what comes after `A' and before `C',
> 	 My mother whispers softly
> 	 `Letter B'"

	I wonder why Harrison would be suing CTW when Paul wrote the
	song itself.  Does Harrison have rights to it?

					Jim Campbell
					...!ihnp4!ima!haddock!jimc