[net.music] Letterman vs. Phil Collins debate

dno@cvl.UUCP (David Oskard) (06/05/85)

<>
	Maybe some of you netters can help with this question:

What does the line "soo soo soo de ya" mean anyway?

And how do you spell it?

al@psivax.UUCP (Al Schwartz) (06/07/85)

In article <516@cvl.UUCP> dno@cvl.UUCP (David Oskard) writes:
>What does the line "soo soo soo de ya" mean anyway?

I heard an interview with Phil and he said he made up the "word".  He wanted
it to sound like a woman's name.

>And how do you spell it?

If I'm right about the first question, it probably doesn't matter. :-)
that line in any more Rock and Roll songs?
--
                                      Al Schwartz
                                      Pacesetter Systems Inc., Sylmar, CA

rose@sdcsvax.UUCP (Daniel Rose) (06/07/85)

In article <516@cvl.UUCP> dno@cvl.UUCP (David Oskard) writes:
><>
>	Maybe some of you netters can help with this question:
>
>What does the line "soo soo soo de ya" mean anyway?
>
>And how do you spell it?

I was wondering that myself, so I looked at the album ("No Jacket
Required") in a record store and discovered a song called:

	Sussudio

(I'm not sure about the spelling.)  That solved half the mystery.
I, too, would like to know what it means.  Is it supposed to be
someone's name?

Dan Rose
sdcsvax!rose

jrm1@pyuxh.UUCP (J McKeel) (06/11/85)

>         Maybe some of you netters can help with this question:
>
> What does the line "soo soo soo de ya" mean anyway?
>
> And how do you spell it?

Psuedeo is just something that was going through Phil Collins' head
when he was writing the music.  When he couldn't replace it with real
words, he left it in.

John

That's what he told WNEW-FM NY, anyway.

rlr@pyuxd.UUCP (Arthur Pewtey) (06/14/85)

Well, you steal a song from Prince,
and hope he doesn't wince, say the word,

Pseu Pseudomusico...

(c) 1985 Phil Collins ???
--
"Do I just cut 'em up like regular chickens?"    Rich Rosen    ihnp4!pyuxd!rlr