[net.sources] Requesting new newsgroup: NET.SOURCES.PC

norcott@cca.UUCP (Bill Norcott) (07/08/85)

	Let's start a new newsgroup called NET.SOURCES.PC.  Quite a few of
the non-VAX sources submitted are for the IBM PC anyway, so why not make it
official? My trigger finger is getting tired from hitting "n" all the time.

Sincerely,
Bill Norcott
Computer Corp. of America

sommers@topaz.ARPA (Mamaliz @ The Soup Kitchen) (07/09/85)

Ah yes PLEASE a net.sources.pc

--
liz sommers
uucp:   ...{harvard, seismo, ut-sally, sri-iu, ihnp4!packard}!topaz!sommers

david@ukma.UUCP (David Herron, NPR Lover) (07/11/85)

In article <3203@cca.UUCP> norcott@cca.UUCP (Bill Norcott) writes:

>	Let's start a new newsgroup called NET.SOURCES.PC.  Quite a few of
>the non-VAX sources submitted are for the IBM PC anyway, so why not make it
>official? My trigger finger is getting tired from hitting "n" all the time.

First, note that this was posted to innappropriate groups, I've
taken the liberty of setting a Followup-To: net.news.group.

This had been discussed some months ago (about the time that
net.sources.games appeared).  The consensus then was that a
group specific to a particular hardware wasn't appropriate.  But
that a net.sources.micro might be more appropriate.

How do people feel now?
--
--- David Herron
--- ARPA-> ukma!david@ANL-MCS.ARPA or ukma!david<@ANL-MCS>