[net.sources] communications program for vms vax

molmud@trwrba.UUCP (Paul Molmud) (07/23/85)

Is there a communications program like kermit or umodem
that will work on a vms vax? If so I would appreciate a
source listing, preferably in C.

caf@omen.UUCP (Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX) (07/27/85)

In article <1519@trwrba.UUCP> molmud@trwrba.UUCP (Paul Molmud) writes:
>Is there a communications program like kermit or umodem
>that will work on a vms vax? If so I would appreciate a
>source listing, preferably in C.

There is a VMS C version of rb and sb, the Unix programs for YMODEM batch
transfers to and from micros running YAM (Yet Another Modem). rb has a
flag to use the regular XMODEM protocol for single file transfers; most
programs will accept files transmitted by sb, or a similar flag could be
added quite easily.  rb and sb also support 1024 byte packets.

These programs are available on Telegodzilla at 503-621-3746 in the
"upgrade" subdirectory as VRBSB.SHQ.  You'll also want to down RBSH.SHQ
which contains the man pages for both the **nix and VMS versions.

If there is sufficient interest, I can post them to the net.
--
  Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf   CIS:70715,131
Omen Technology Inc     17505-V NW Sauvie Island Road Portland OR 97231

jss@sjuvax.UUCP (J. Shapiro) (07/31/85)

> In article <1519@trwrba.UUCP> molmud@trwrba.UUCP (Paul Molmud) writes:
> >Is there a communications program like kermit or umodem
> >that will work on a vms vax? If so I would appreciate a
> >source listing, preferably in C.

The BLISS/Macro edition of kermit for VMS is excellent, and it suffices
to have Macro to compile it. You can obtain a complete tape of current
versions (9 track, 800 or 1600 BPI) from Columbia for a handling fee.

Jon Shapiro
Haverford College