[net.sources] Man pages

alan@drivax.UUCP (Alan Fargusson) (09/12/85)

Nroff is not part of the System V distribution. Even when it is
some of the macro pacakages that you BSD type are use to are not
present. When you post a man page for something like 'less' you
MUST post the formated version.
--

Alan Fargusson.

{ ihnp4, amdahl, mot }!drivax!alan

cwruacm@cwruecmp.UUCP (CWRU Student Chapter ACM) (09/24/85)

> Nroff is not part of the System V distribution. Even when it is
> some of the macro pacakages that you BSD type are use to are not
> present. When you post a man page for something like 'less' you
> MUST post the formated version.

let's make that *please* post the formatted version.

			xoxorich.

rosalia@tekig4.UUCP (Mark Galassi) (10/02/85)

In article <1310@cwruecmp.UUCP> cwruacm@cwruecmp.UUCP (CWRU Student Chapter ACM) writes:
>> Nroff is not part of the System V distribution. Even when it is
>> some of the macro pacakages that you BSD type are use to are not
>> present. When you post a man page for something like 'less' you
>> MUST post the formated version.
>
>let's make that *please* post the formatted version.
>
>			xoxorich.
Let us also add to that that they **also** post the "nroff" source, so that
anybody can make ravisions and adapt the program to their system,
and modify the manual to reflect the situation.
    I think it would be horrible if someone posted a program which uses
the file "/etc/xxx", and on a given system it must use "/etc/yyy", and the
manual pages STILL CLAIM it is in xxx!!!!!
					Mark Galassi
				...!tektronix!tekig4!rosalia
				...!tektronix!reed!rosalia
{these opinions are mine and they should be everybody elses :-) }