[net.sources] HOPE interpreter

rartym@cybavax.UUCP (Richard Artym) (11/12/85)

In article <243@cernvax.UUCP> david@cernvax.UUCP (david) writes:
>Does anyone have a public domain interpreter for HOPE ? Especially useful
>would be a version suitable for execution on a 4.2 UNIX VAX, but a MAC or
>IBM PC Xenix version would also be gladly accepted.

I too would be interested in a version running under BSD4.2, but if there
isn't one available, then a reference manual would do almost as nicely.
On the subject of HOPE, are there any non-trivial applications (:-) about?
-----------------------------
Self-castigation: this ought to be in net.applic, not here. Blame piet, who
still isn't allowing this leading group in the wishlist to come in from USA.
--
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
> Rich Artym, Elec.Eng., Univ.College of Swansea, Swansea SA2 8PP, Wales, UK. <
>  UUCP : {UK}!ukc!reading!cybavax!rartym ; JANET : rartym@swxa/000060601800  <
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ral@pyuxqq.UUCP (R A Levenberg) (11/19/85)

A HOPE interpreter was described in BYTE several months ago.
An executable is available for downloading on BYTENet listings,
their BBS, which you can reach at (617) 861 9774 with your modem.
--
U. S. Mail:	Ron Levenberg
		Bell Communications Research

UUCP:		..!{ihnp4,allegra}!pyuxqq!ral
Voice:		(201) 981-6178

gst@ewj01.UUCP (Gary S. Trujillo) (11/23/85)

> A HOPE interpreter was described in BYTE several months ago.
> An executable is available for downloading on BYTENet listings,
> their BBS, which you can reach at (617) 861 9774 with your modem.
> --
> U. S. Mail:	Ron Levenberg
> 		Bell Communications Research

As announced on p. 33 of the October issue of BYTE, the phone number
for Bytenet listings has changed (I think it has something to do with
their start-up of the BIX service).  The new number is:

		(617) 861-9764
--

Gary S. Trujillo
...!{harvard,seismo,ihnp4,talcott,wjh12,decvax}!bbnccv!ewj01!gst