[net.sources] Request for HASP workstation software.

rackow@anl-mcs.ARPA (Gene Rackow) (01/09/86)

Please before you turn on the flames to high, I am requesting this for
another person without access to the networks yet.  They have just
converted to UNIX from VMS and are now without a vital link to an IBM
system that does much of their number crunching.

They previously had a HASP package to do Bi-sync communications over
a 9600 baud modem line.  They really want to get it back or replace it
with something better.  The IBM people are very reluctant to change.

If anyone knows of a HASP package, or 2780/3780 as they are a step
down the scale but still usable, please mail me the info.  I'll
summarize if desired.

Gene Rackow                              ARPA: rackow@anl-mcs
Mathematics and Computer Science         Voice: 312-972-7126
Argonne National Lab
Argonne Il.  60439

ron@celerity.UUCP (Ron McDaniels) (01/15/86)

In article <954@unmvax.UUCP> lee@unmvax.UUCP writes:

> We use a DATALYNX 3270, which emulates a 2780, here with some software to
>drive it. It is conected to one of our tty lines and the IBM model 3081. We
>can submit and return jobs via mail. Only mods to JCL are a comment card with
>the users name and machine. It uses the 4.2 spooling software. The software
>is free for the asking.
>

>--
>                       --Lee (Ward)
>                       {ucbvax,convex,gatech,pur-ee}!unmvax!lee

You might check out Morning Star Technologies, 1760 Zollinger Road, Columbus,
Ohio, 43221. They sell a Multibus Card product that runs the entire HASP
application. We support this controller on our machine and I understand
that it is supported on several others as well. Dean Schell is their national
sales manager and can be contacted at (614) 451-1883.

Usual disclaimers regarding my opinions vis a vis my employer's, etc., apply
in spades.

McD

R. L. (Ron) McDaniels
CELERITY COMPUTING . 9692 Via Excelencia Way . San Diego, California . 92126
(619) 271-9940 . {decvax || ucbvax || ihnp4 || philabs}!sdcsvax!celerity!ron
***ADD YOUR OWN CUTE SAYING HERE***