[net.sources] net.sources.discussion

hartwig@ihlpm.UUCP (hartwig) (02/12/86)

How about a separate newsgroup regarding net.sources?
I'm tired of hitting the "n" key to pass over all
this crap about copyrights, flames, etc. - including postings
like this. Let's keep net.sources for source code only.

Address flames about this posting to /dev/null until a
new newsgroup is created.

dpz@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (David P. Zimmerman) (02/14/86)

>How about a separate newsgroup regarding net.sources?
>I'm tired of hitting the "n" key to pass over all
>this crap about copyrights, flames, etc. - including postings
>like this. Let's keep net.sources for source code only.

I like that idea.  Now, the discussions may not be crap (most of them
are quite worthwhile), but placing them in a separate newsgoup would
definately be a boon towards organizing USENET a bit more.  Since the
sources are usually free or public domain, what if the new newsgroup
was given a "catchy" name, like net.free-pd?  (Hey, that rhymes!)
"Net.sources.d" just sounds *so* boring.

	David
--
Name: David P. Zimmerman	Nickname: "Davidann" (don't ask)
Cute quote: " (well, *I* think it's cute!)

ssl@ptsfa.UUCP (02/14/86)

In article <701@ihlpm.UUCP> hartwig@ihlpm.UUCP (hartwig) writes:
>How about a separate newsgroup regarding net.sources?
>I'm tired of hitting the "n" key to pass over all
>this crap about copyrights, flames, etc. - including postings
>like this. Let's keep net.sources for source code only.
>
>Address flames about this posting to /dev/null until a
>new newsgroup is created.

100% agree!

Sam Lok			{ihnp4,dual,qantel}!ptsfa!ssl