[net.sources] Kermit For C64

tom@ektools.UUCP (Thomas A. Bond) (08/22/86)

Hello,
          I'm looking for a binary copy of Kermit for the C64. Also would like
any manuals that are also available. Thanking you in advance for your help.
A new network news user.

phone work 716 7260541  7:30 - 4:00

\:

frankg@nikhefk.uucp (Frank Geerling) (08/23/86)

In article <415@ektools.UUCP> tom@ektools.UUCP (Thomas A. Bond) writes:
>Hello,
>          I'm looking for a binary copy of Kermit for the C64. Also would like
>any manuals that are also available. Thanking you in advance for your help.
>A new network news user.

If somebody out there have such a Kermit with the sources I would be
interested too to get them. Could you mail them to me.

		Thanks in advance.

--
			   Frank Geerling
			(frankg@nikhefk.uucp)

Usenet:		{seismo, philabs, decvax}!mcvax!frankg@nikhefk

Normal mail:	Frank Geerling
		NIKHEF-K (PIMU)
		Postbus 4395
		1009 AJ Amsterdam
		The Netherlands

spencer@usc-oberon.UUCP (Randy) (08/25/86)

> If somebody out there have such a Kermit with the sources I would be
> interested too to get them. Could you mail them to me.
> 			   Frank Geerling

For a while now I have been offering to send copies of Kermit for
the Commodore 64, the Amiga, and the IBM PC.  All of these are the most
recent releases, and all of these can be gotten from me in two ways.
One is to send me a Self Addressed STAMPED mailer and a disk, the other
is to send me $6 and your address, specifying which you wish.

Now, I will send you Kermit, the executable and the documents, but the C64
Kermit needs to be cross-compiled on a main-frame and then Kermit-ed to
the 64.  The sources would not come close to fitting in the 64, the executable
completely fills it up.

If you want the sources for IBM Kermit, I can get them for you, but I have not
had a request for them before, so I would have to get the files, might take
time.  Be sure to send a second disk for the sources.

Send any requests to:

Randy Spencer
Keeper of the Kermits     <--  always optional
P.O. Box 4542
Berkeley, CA 94704--
Randal Spencer  - DEC, {amiga} Consulting -  University of Southern California
phone: (213) 743-5363  Arpa:Spencer@USC-ECL,USC-Oberon  Bitnet:Spencer@USCVAXQ
UUCP:...up to you!{{decvax,ucbvax}!sdcrdcf,scgvaxd,smeagol}!usc-oberon!spencer
New permenant address (for several years anyway): Box 4542 Berkeley CA 94704