[net.sources] digital design tools

MAZUR%gmr.com@RELAY.CS.NET (CHESTER J. MAZUR) (09/13/86)

i'm intrested in ANY digital design tools that will run under ms/pc-dos
vms,primos,or unix... i'm looking for a simulator, fcn reducer etc....
ANY INFO is helpful!!!!

				thanks,
				Chet Mazur
				mazur@gmr.com

ron@vsedev.VSE.COM (Ron Flax) (09/14/86)

In article <3772@brl-smoke.ARPA> MAZUR%gmr.com@RELAY.CS.NET (CHESTER J. MAZUR) writes:
>i'm intrested in ANY digital design tools that will run under ms/pc-dos
>vms,primos,or unix... i'm looking for a simulator, fcn reducer etc....
>ANY INFO is helpful!!!!
>
>				thanks,
>				Chet Mazur
>				mazur@gmr.com

Pal, this is in the WRONG newsgroup!  Please post requests in
net.wanted.sources, or in this case maybe net.micro.pc as well.
Please use net.sources for it's intended purpose, source postings
only!

Thanks from all of us.

--
ron@vsedev.VSE.COM	(Ron Flax)
UUCP:	..!seismo!vsedev!ron

mcderm@ittvax.ATC.ITT.UUCP (Robert M. McDermott) (09/24/86)

> i'm intrested in ANY digital design tools that will run under ms/pc-dos
> vms,primos,or unix... i'm looking for a simulator, fcn reducer etc....
> ANY INFO is helpful!!!!
>
> 				thanks,
> 				Chet Mazur
> 				mazur@gmr.com

A few months back, I posted the source code for a Logic Simulator and
Logic Minimizer to this net;  they aren't "sophisticated", but they work.
(They were from my book, "COMPUTER AIDED LOGIC DESIGN", H. Sams, 1985.
and are written in BASIC.)  [I'm relatively new to the net; what's the
"etiquette" for reposting?]

In the January and April 1983 issues of BYTE magazine, I also published
a Logic Simulator, also in BASIC. (The April 1983 program was the most
sophisticated, allowing MACROs, but was Unit Delay; the one in my book
has assignable delay, but doesn't have MACROs.)

B.V. Engineering, 2200 Business Way, Riverside, CA 92501, now offers a
fairly good simulator based on my work for under $100.  It doesn't have
macros, but has assignable delays and a good user interface (detailed
for novice users, bypassable for experienced users, etc.).

[UC Berkeley had had an effort going in CAD on personal computers, you
may want to contact them.]

R. McDermott