[net.sources] How about dividing net.sources into UNIX, IBM-PC & MISC

tslu@oliveb.UUCP (09/11/86)

     I think it should be much easier for rn-ers if we divide net.sources
and net.sources into sub-directories. Any suggestions ? comments ?

tes@whuts.UUCP (STERKEL) (09/12/86)

>      I think it should be much easier for rn-ers if we divide net.sources
> and net.sources into sub-directories. Any suggestions ? comments ?

it is about time, (might want to add .c .pascal
etc).

ir450@sdcc6.ucsd.EDU (ir450) (09/13/86)

In article <1131@oliveb.UUCP> tslu@oliveb.UUCP (Shang Lu) writes:

>     I think it should be much easier for rn-ers if we divide net.sources
>and net.sources into sub-directories. Any suggestions ? comments ?

My only comment is that we should have NO discussion in net.sources
whatsoever. No requests for sources, no followups and no discussion.
There are appropriate newsgroups for each of these topics. Please excuse
the fact that I am following up to net.sources. I will take myself out
and shoot me, but please, lets clean up net.sources.

Brian Keves			ARPA:	keves%ra@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu
Lab for Math and Stats		UUCP:	sdcsvax!ra!keves
UCSD, La Jolla, CA	 	PHONE:	619-450-6421
Any opinions expressed are my own and are not the opinions of my employer.

--

wab@ecsvax.UUCP (William A. Broom) (09/13/86)

>      I think it should be much easier for rn-ers if we divide net.sources
> and net.sources into sub-directories. Any suggestions ? comments ?

	I agree.  I mostly scan net.sources for IBM-PC material
Dividing it into subdirectories would speed many of my readnews sessions.

dmt@mtuxt.UUCP (D.TUTELMAN) (09/15/86)

I'd be opposed (on purely self-interest grounds).
I have a login on a couple of UNIX hosts, have access to four or five
PC-compatibles, and never know when a generic (miscellaneous?) C or
Pascal program will turn up that I can use.  Therefore, I'd have to read
all three groups.

Of course, if there's enough sentiment in favor of splitting them, I guess
I WILL have to read all three groups.

Dave Tutelman
Physical - AT&T Information Systems
	Room 1H120
	Juniper Plaza, Route 9
	Freehold, NJ 07728
Logical -  ...ihnp4!mtuxo!mtuxt!dmt
Audible -  (201) 577 4232

ewiles@netxcom.UUCP (Edwin Wiles) (09/15/86)

In article <984@whuts.UUCP> tes@whuts.UUCP (STERKEL) writes:

>>      I think it should be much easier for rn-ers if we divide net.sources
>> and net.sources into sub-directories. Any suggestions ? comments ?
>
>it is about time, (might want to add .c .pascal
>etc).

No!	There are already specific news groups for each of the major
	personal computer types, as well as most of the mainframes.
	Use those instead!
--

					Edwin Wiles
					Net Express, Inc.

chs@loral.UUCP (Craig Schamp) (09/16/86)

>>      I think it should be much easier for rn-ers if we divide
>> net.sources into sub-directories. Any suggestions ? comments ?
>
>it is about time, (might want to add .c .pascal
>etc).

I vote for breaking net.sources into several sub-directories, too.

phils@tekigm.UUCP (Phil Staub) (09/17/86)

In article <2027@ecsvax.UUCP> wab@ecsvax.UUCP (William A. Broom) writes:

>>      I think it should be much easier for rn-ers if we divide net.sources
>> and net.sources into sub-directories. Any suggestions ? comments ?
>

>	I agree.  I mostly scan net.sources for IBM-PC material
>Dividing it into subdirectories would speed many of my readnews sessions.

	I agree.  I mostly scan net.sources for *non*-IBM-PC material
Dividing it into subdirectories would speed many of my readnews sessions. 8-).

Phil Staub
Tektronix, Inc.
ISI Engineering
P.O. Box 3500
Vancouver, Washington 98668
C1-904, (206) 253-5634
..tektronix!tekigm!phils

turner@imagen.UUCP (09/17/86)

----
		It aint life that gets me down, it's gravity

Name:	James M. Turner
Mail:	Imagen Corp. 2650 San Tomas Expressway, P.O. Box 58101
        Santa Clara, CA 95052-8101
AT&T:	(408) 986-9400
UUCP:	...{decvax,ucbvax}!decwrl!imagen!turner
CompuServe: 76327,1575
GEnie     : D-ARCANGEL

turner@imagen.UUCP (09/17/86)

arrrggghhhhhh!!!!! doesn't ANYONE listen ???? this discussion (and
this followup) belong in net.sources.d DAMN IT !!!!
--
----
		It aint life that gets me down, it's gravity

Name:	James M. Turner
Mail:	Imagen Corp. 2650 San Tomas Expressway, P.O. Box 58101
        Santa Clara, CA 95052-8101
AT&T:	(408) 986-9400
UUCP:	...{decvax,ucbvax}!decwrl!imagen!turner
CompuServe: 76327,1575
GEnie     : D-ARCANGEL

tw@omssw2.UUCP (tom walsh) (09/18/86)

sounds great to me, i could then subscribe to the Un*x and Misc flavors...

    microsoft!\
       ogcvax! \
         reed!  \
     <others>!   >omssw2!tw (i think...)
       omssw1!  /
      intelcs! /
     intelisc!/
ps: the opinions (if any) herein do not necessarily
    represent those of my employer

jsm@vax1.ccs.cornell.edu (Jon Meltzer) (09/22/86)

In article <570@imagen.UUCP> turner@imagen.UUCP writes:
>*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR MESSAGE ***
>
>--
>----
>		It aint life that gets me down, it's gravity
>
>Name:	James M. Turner
>Mail:	Imagen Corp. 2650 San Tomas Expressway, P.O. Box 58101
>        Santa Clara, CA 95052-8101
>AT&T:	(408) 986-9400
>UUCP:	...{decvax,ucbvax}!decwrl!imagen!turner
>CompuServe: 76327,1575
>GEnie     : D-ARCANGEL

Please do not send garbage to net.sources.

waynec@tekcrl.UUCP (Wayne Cook) (09/30/86)

Why not have a .sources subgroup for each language.  I was told that there
were some Prolog programs on net.sources, so that I have to weed through all
the other sources and comments to get to the ones I want.