[net.sources] Tektronix 4010/4107 Terminal Emulator Package

vg55611@ihuxk.UUCP (gopal) (09/29/86)

Does anyone know of a terminal emulation package in the public domain
for the Tektronix 4010 or 4107 that runs on the IBM PC/XT/AT or the
AT&T 6300/6300+ ?  A very basic package that will do the graphics is all
I need (no need for sophisticated up/down-loading etc. etc.).

If anyone is aware of a freeware or shareware program, kindly let me know.
Your reply will be much appreciated.

Venu P. Gopal, ihnp4!ihuxk!vg55611, 312-979-1629

pearse@wp3b01.UUCP (74101) (09/30/86)

I would be interested in a public *or* private domain terminal emulator
package as well; we have an application here that really could use
this capability.
Thanks,
Steve Pearse

akk2@ur-tut.UUCP (A Kacker) (09/30/86)

Keywords:Tektronix emulators

In article <1188@ihuxk.UUCP> vg55611@ihuxk.UUCP (gopal) writes:
>Does anyone know of a terminal emulation package in the public domain
>for the Tektronix 4010 or 4107 that runs on the IBM PC/XT/AT or the
>AT&T 6300/6300+ ?  A very basic package that will do the graphics is all
>I need (no need for sophisticated up/down-loading etc. etc.).
>
>If anyone is aware of a freeware or shareware program, kindly let me know.
>Your reply will be much appreciated.

There are at least two PD Tektronix 4010 terminal emulators out there :
One is called Tekterm, which is available from a lot of BBS's. The
other is a version of Kermit, called QKKERMIT and it is available for
downloading from all the Kermit distribution sites e.g. KERMSRV at CUVMA.
In fact, I might just post Tekterm to net.sources one of these days.
Let me know if you need it right away and I'll see what I can do.

Atul Kacker
UUCP    : {allegra|seismo|decvax}!rochester!ur-tut!akk2
BITNET  : AKK2@UORDBV

jkoval@watdcsu.UUCP (John Koval - Statistics) (09/30/86)

In article <674@wp3b01.UUCP> pearse@wp3b01.UUCP (PUT YOUR NAME HERE) writes:

>I would be interested in a public *or* private domain terminal emulator
>package as well; we have an application here that really could use
>this capability.
>Thanks,
>Steve Pearse

Me, too.

John J. Koval        Department of Statistics & Actuarial Science
                     University of Waterloo
                     Waterloo, Ontario
                     CANADA  N2L 3G1
UUCP:   {allegra,decvax,ihnp4,clyde}!watmath!watdcsu!jkoval
CSNET:  jkoval%watdcsu@waterloo.csnet
ARPA:   jkoval%watdcsu%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa

tj@utcs.UUCP (10/07/86)

I know for a fact that there is a lot of interest here at
university of toronto and from the responses on the net I think
that graphics terminal emulation programs are in demand.
Anyone with one should post it. IT WILL GET USED. In general I
need a color graphics terminal emulator of some form.
tj

hsc@mtuxo.UUCP (Harvey S. Cohen) (10/17/86)

AT&T Tango does 4010/4014 emulation, as well as vt100/52 and
4410/5410.  A neat feature is the ability to toggle between
TEK and character emulations while preserving the other screen in
memory.  E.g., log in and do calculations as a AT&T4410, draw a picture as
a TEK4014, go back to AT&T4410 and your calculations are still on the
screen, go back to TEK4014 and your picture is still on the screen.
Harvey S. Cohen, mtuxo!hsc