[net.sources] source postings from AI EXPERT magazine

turner@imagen.UUCP (D'arc Angel) (01/15/87)

The following was posted to mod.sources, but that group seems to be
somewhat back logged.

I have the following sources from AI EXPERT magazine and will post
them if there is enough interest, my intention is to do this on a
monthly basis and i need feedback as to:

a) is this desired
b) should i just post the index and post the sources (in arc format)
only if there is interest
c) should i post the sources every month and assume there is enough
interest to justify the network traffic

and now for this month's list of software, for now send me email if
you want the sources and if i get enough requests i will post the
whole arc file.

=======+=======+=======+=======+=======+=======+=======+=======+=======+=====

               Articles and Departments that have
                    Additional On-Line Files

                            AI EXPERT
                          January 1987
          (Note:  Contents page is in file CONTNT.JAN)

ARTICLES                                        RELEVANT FILES
--------                                        --------------

January Table of Contents                         CONTNT.JAN

Adding Rete Net to Your OPS5 Toolbox              OPSNET.JAN
by Dan Neiman

Perceptrons & Neural Nets                         PERCEP.JAN
by Peter Reece

DEPARTMENTS

Expert's Toolbox                                  EXPERT.JAN
"Using Smalltalk to Implement Frames"
by Marc Rettig

AI Apprentice                                     AIAPP.JAN
"Creating Expert Systems from Examples"
by Beverly and Bill Thompson

--
---------------
C'est la vie, C'est la guerre, C'est la pomme de terre

eer@ritcv.UUCP (Ed Reed) (01/15/87)

In article <772@imagen.UUCP> turner@imagen.UUCP (D'arc Angel) writes:

>The following was posted to mod.sources, but that group seems to be
>somewhat back logged.
>
>I have the following sources from AI EXPERT magazine and will post
>them if there is enough interest, my intention is to do this on a
>monthly basis and i need feedback as to:
>
>a) is this desired
	- Yes, if not avail in mod.sources anytime soon...I'm getting
		some very high Compuserve bills...

>b) should i just post the index and post the sources (in arc format)
>only if there is interest

	- NO, NO, NO - DO NOT POST ARC FORMAT FILES!  Shar, ok, but
  		not ARC nor any other micro dependant code, except
		where that is explicitly being posted by AIExpert
		(there are some examples).  I'm interested in making
		the source files available locally on our unix and
		VMS systems for students, and work with a Mac
		at home...I have no way to convert PC ARC files.

>c) should i post the sources every month and assume there is enough
>interest to justify the network traffic

	- That's my personal preference - I think there's ample
		interest, if the RIT community is any example.>

Thanks for offering.  None of the other BBS with this stuff is
a local phone call away.  It happens that I already have the
January stuff (the long awaited public domain OPS5) but I KNOW
that others want it.

Ed Reed - Rochester Institute of Technology
phone:    (716) 334-3006
Delphi:   EERTEST
GEnie:    SQA.INC
Usenet:   ...rochester!ritcv!eer