[net.sources] Turbo Pascal to C translator

jsm@vax1.UUCP (01/28/87)

A public domain Turbo Pascal to C translator is available. It is called TPC;
I've seen it on several programming oriented IBM PC bulletin boards.

The author, S.H. Smith (5119 N 11 Ave 332, Phoenix,Az. 85013) claims that
" [the program] will do 90% of the work required to do the translation."

It seems to work OK, but can't completely handle nested procedures,
precedence operator differences, and VAR parameters. I/O routines have to
be manually renamed.

DISCLAIMER : I have no connection to Smith, do not have the source code,
and can't get Kermit to upload to my local Vax.

sns@tybalt.caltech.edu.UUCP (01/28/87)

In article <257@vax1.ccs.cornell.edu> jsm@vax1.ccs.cornell.edu (Jon Meltzer) writes:
>A public domain Turbo Pascal to C translator is available. It is called TPC;
>I've seen it on several programming oriented IBM PC bulletin boards.
>
>The author, S.H. Smith (5119 N 11 Ave 332, Phoenix,Az. 85013) claims that

Could anyone get this and post it?  I would think that there would be enough
demand for it to warrant a posting.  I'd do it myself, but I don't have a
modem, just an Ethernet connection.  It's probably written in Fortran anyways.

My cat can quack, can yours?		genghis!root@csvax.Caltech.Edu.UUCP

pnessutt@nis.UUCP (01/29/87)

In article <257@vax1.ccs.cornell.edu> jsm@vax1.ccs.cornell.edu (Jon Meltzer) writes:
>A public domain Turbo Pascal to C translator is available. It is called TPC;
>I've seen it on several programming oriented IBM PC bulletin boards.
>" [the program] will do 90% of the work required to do the translation."

I would appreciate getting some information as to where these bulletin
boards are and what the telephone #'s are.  I've seen some 'Pascal to
C' translators, but I have yet to see one for Turbo Pascal.

Thanks.

--
 Robert A. Monio                              UUCP: ihnp4!meccts!nis!pnessutt
 Systems/Analyst - Technical Services         ATT: (612) 894-9494