[net.sources] GNUPLOT and Apple LaserWriter Plus

phcalamai@water.UUCP (02/28/87)

Has anyone out there had any success with GNUPLOT output
to an Apple LaserWriter. I've tried setting terminal
to postscript and output to COM2 (my LaserWriter is
connected to my IBM-PC this way) but I've had no luck
whatsoever (not even a flashing amber light!). I've
used
	mode com2:9600,n,8,2,p
and
	mode com2:9600,n,8,1,p
and
	mode com2:9600,n,8
and I've also tried resetting the LaserWriter Plus to use
DTR flow control via:

	serverdict begin 0 exitserver
	statusdict begin
	25 9600 4 setsccbatch
	end

as well as using the default settings for the 9600 position
on the server mode switch.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks.

tech@usceast.UUCP (03/03/87)

In article <818@water.UUCP> phcalamai@water.UUCP (Paul H. Calamai) writes:
>Has anyone out there had any success with GNUPLOT output
>to an Apple LaserWriter. I've tried setting terminal
>to postscript and output to COM2 (my LaserWriter is
>connected to my IBM-PC this way) but I've had no luck
Hello!
	I am not sure this will help, not knowing your system
configuration but I have been using gnuplot with an apple laserwriter on
a Vax 11/780 running 4.2 with the adobe postscript software. All it
takes in this configuration is to invoke gnuplot with the command line:

	gnuplot > foo.plot

when gnuplot comes up set the terminal to unixplot and gnuplot will
output plot(5) primatives through standard out to the file foo.plot at
the close of the session a line like

	psplot foo.plot

seems to work correctly. I hope this helps. Good Luck!

			Bill Wood (!usceast!tech)