[net.sources] WANTED: softball statistics program

evins@nrl-radar.arpa (04/05/87)

Does anyone out there have any programs for taking a computerized
scorebook, and producing all the vital statistics for the individual
players and an entire team.  It's getting to be that time of year
again, softball season is just around the corner.  Last year, we used a
very simple shell script to calculate batting averages, ignoring
errors, no big deal.  Thanks ( in anticipation ).

	-Jim Evins
	 <evins@nrl-radar.arpa>

dalj@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (04/05/87)

In article <6692@brl-adm.ARPA> evins@nrl-radar.arpa (Jim Evins) writes:
>Does anyone out there have any programs for taking a computerized
>scorebook, and producing all the vital statistics for the individual
>players and an entire team.  It's getting to be that time of year
>again, softball season is just around the corner.  Last year, we used a
>very simple shell script to calculate batting averages, ignoring
>errors, no big deal.  Thanks ( in anticipation ).
>
>	-Jim Evins
>	 <evins@nrl-radar.arpa>

And while we're at it, for the sane people who don't go running
around getting all sweaty, does anybody have softwre for Rotisserie
League Baseball?

What I really want is a piece of source code that I can hack over into
Hot Stove League Hockey in time for next season.....

                          Cheers,
                                 -dlj.

cantrell@cae780.UUCP (04/07/87)

In article <6692@brl-adm.ARPA> evins@nrl-radar.arpa (Jim Evins) writes:
>Does anyone out there have any programs for taking a computerized
>scorebook, and producing all the vital statistics for the individual
>players and an entire team.  It's getting to be that time of year
>again, softball season is just around the corner.  Last year, we used a
>very simple shell script to calculate batting averages, ignoring
>errors, no big deal.  Thanks ( in anticipation ).
>
>	-Jim Evins
>	 <evins@nrl-radar.arpa>

Me too!

FROM:   Keith Cantrell, CAE Systems Division of Tektronix, Inc.
UUCP:   tektronix!cae780!cantrell
        {ihnp4, decvax!decwrl}!amdcad!cae780!cantrell
        {hplabs, resonex, qubix, leadsv}!cae780!cantrell
USMAIL: 8111 L.B.J. Freeway Suite 655 Dallas, Texas 75251
AT&T:   214-669-8161