[net.sources] Occam compiler and runtime simulator

assaf@ernie.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (04/15/87)

A full implementation of Occam+ for VAX and CCI power-6/32 running
UNIX 4.2bsd. This is a beta site version. It includes a compiler for
Occam+ which produces assembler code. Also included is a library of
runtime routines acting as the parallel machine simulator.

Occam+ includes extensions to the language such as shared memory and
buffered channels. Thus, the package may be used to simulate a vast
variety of parallel architectures.  The package supports separate
compilation, and comes with strong monitoring facilities. All the
extensions and special features are listed in the attached user
manual.  The next version will include monitoring of shared variables,
both at compile time and at run time.

The sources are 12000 code lines, residing in 2 directories, and taking
up about 270k. Attached is a user reference manual.

The sources and documentation are available by FTP at ftp@ucbarpa
under pub/occam.dist.

sbanner1@uvicctr.UUCP (04/17/87)

In article <18338@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> assaf@ernie.Berkeley.EDU (Assaf Schuster) writes:
>A full implementation of Occam+ for VAX and CCI power-6/32 running
>UNIX 4.2bsd. This is a beta site version. It includes a compiler for
>Occam+ which produces assembler code. Also included is a library of
>runtime routines acting as the parallel machine simulator.

>The sources are 12000 code lines, residing in 2 directories, and taking
>up about 270k. Attached is a user reference manual.
>
>The sources and documentation are available by FTP at ftp@ucbarpa
>under pub/occam.dist.

I don't have FTP access, but I would **LOVE** to get a copy of this.
Would some kind soul send these to me.

		 Infinite Thanks,

                      S. John Banner

UUCP     ...!{uw-beaver,ubc-vision}!uvicctr!sol!sbanner1
BITNET   ccsjb@uvvm
ARPA     sbanner1@sol.UVIC.CDN

#1 1121 Fort St.
Victoria BC.
Canada
V8V 3K9

dc@sdd.UUCP (04/17/87)

    Is anybody working on a version/port of OCCAM to UNIX System 5 ?
Any problems with doing such?  Is the OCCAM compiler in the
public domain?

									Daniel Corbett