[net.tv] V comments

heliotis (05/04/83)

Relay-Version:version B 3/9/83; site harpo.UUCP
Date:Wed, 4-May-83 09:01:50 EDT

[1] I got excited about it in the first half (although I thought the
    people were a bit too trusting), but the second half disappointed
    me.  Perhaps that's because the first half set up the themes and
    the second just continued the plot.

[2] Does this symbol look familiar to anyone?:

                                |-----

                              O | O

                           -----|

[3] Why must the television audience be persuaded that these aliens are
    NOT our friends only by showing that they don't look like us, or worse
    that they look monstrous?  I think the different eyes would be enough
    to let us know that they're hiding something.

[4] Did anyone get the feeling they were watching Prime Minister Chamberlain
    when the UN Secretary General got out of the space ship ("peace in our
    time", I believe it was)?

                                                Jim Heliotis
                                                allegra!rochester!heliotis
                                                seismo!rochester!heliotis
                                                heliotis@Rochester

dossamg (05/11/83)

Relay-Version:version B 3/9/83; site alice.UUCP
Date:Wed, 11-May-83 13:50:51 EDT

Regarding the parallel between the UN prime minister and Chamberlain,
I thought that all of the symbolism in "V" was about as subtle as a
punch in the nose.

presley (05/11/83)

Relay-Version:version B 3/9/83; site alice.UUCP
Posting-Version:version B 2.10 gamma 4/3/83; site mhuxj.UUCP
Date:Wed, 11-May-83 16:29:45 EDT
Organization:Bell Labs, Murray Hill

The UN Secretary General reminded you of Chamberlain?  Aw, c'mon,
he didn't look a bit like Dr. Kildare or Anjin-san!
--
	Joseph H. Presley
	...!{mhuxj,alice}!presley